1. Hey! Guest! The XXX GMC Jam will take place between August 24th, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and August 27th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows HELP!! String not found: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Bokkie2988, Aug 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bokkie2988

Bokkie2988 Member

Hello,

I've had problems starting up GMS2 lately. I downloaded the newest update, and when I run the program it shows this error message: String not found: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'Z:\manifest'.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks,
    Bokkie

2. mrclips

mrclips Member

Same problem.

Attached Files:

3. Bokkie2988

Bokkie2988 Member

Anyone have a solution?

4. MarceloP

MarceloP Member

I'm sorry for asking such a silly question but, have you tried running GMS2 with Administrative rights?

Have you both any mapped drivers at letter Z: ?
    Have you both tried to restart the computer (if it's something related to a ghost mapped driver)?

5. mrclips

mrclips Member

There is no driver which is named "Z" and I've tried opening GMS2 with Administrative rights.
    Also I restarted my computer heaps of times. And last thing I did, removed GMS2 studio from my computer and re-installed but still doesn't work.
    I actually downloaded unsteam folder from yoyogames it didn't open too.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  6. Bokkie2988

Bokkie2988 Member

Tried reinstalling too..

7. Rahub Azeem

Rahub Azeem Member

I'm also having this problem and it's beginning to irritate me a lot as i have reinstalled GMS2 at least 5 times and restarted my pc at least 5 times as well. I hope YoYo games takes notice of this problem because i'm probably not the only person to experience it. If anybody has a solution please share it as I have a project which i wanted to start with a buddy and we are on hold because of this error.

Thanks,
    Rahub

8. Shin Kitsune

Shin Kitsune Member

I hate to make bump posts like this, but yes, I'm having the same error.
    I'm using the Steam version.
    Tried reinstalling. Tried running with admin rights. Tried deletting the settings folders, and nothing has solved it so far.