• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX HELP! Project Failed To Load

I

idealcastle

After spending hours slaving away on this project. I go to import more Sprites, and I create the folder/group called "Construct" (for construction). It comes up with this error after it created the group.

Screenshot-2018-09-10-01.39.23.png

And then I say. Okay, let's close GMS out and reopen.

Now I see this error...

Screenshot-2018-09-10-01.40.28.png

What can I do to recover my project?

I

idealcastle

The amount of issues I've seen with Game Maker Studio 2 is horrific. I've used GM1.4 back then, that was awesome. This new crap is terrible. The whole IDE really forces me to think, is there something better out there? Not being able to open the project after I was just inside it, really pushes it over the edge. I can deal with the small and minor UI bugs, but not this. I have just recently started back up on GM again in the last week. And the number of issues I've had to go through to make this work is wasting more time when I could be actually building the damn game. I'm afraid I need something more stable. I don't know how I'm going to be able to recover this project file, so much work put into that. I guess it's time for bed. GMS ruins the night again. Such a horrible piece of software.