• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android HELP! Problem to export a game for android from Game Maker Studio 2

N

nexusgumiho

I've been trying to export a game that I made in Game Maker Studio 2 for Android but it gives me the following error:

C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:12.8300332s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\nexus\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Android Package started at 06/12/2018 13:47:19
"cmd" /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.2627892s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 06/12/2018 13:47:32
FAILED: Package Program Complete

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Add C:\Windows\system32 back into your system's PATH environment variable.

This is the solution that has worked for every case of subst-induced errors in GMS 1.4 and 2.x I've seen thus far.

N

nexusgumiho

Did try cleaning up the platform cache? Are you running GMS2 with admin rights?
Hello MarceloP. Cleaning up the platform cache? How do you do that? I have Windows 10 Pro. I have Administration Privileges in my OS.

N

nexusgumiho

Add C:\Windows\system32 back into your system's PATH environment variable.

This is the solution that has worked for every case of subst-induced errors in GMS 1.4 and 2.x I've seen thus far.
Hello FrostyCat. What does that mean? (Add C:\Windows\system32 back into your system's PATH environment variable) Where do you do that? I have two partitions on my hard drive: C: and D: I do not understand what you mean. I have Android Studio installed on partition C. In partition D I have the SDK and the NDK installed.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Hello FrostyCat. What does that mean? (Add C:\Windows\system32 back into your system's PATH environment variable) Where do you do that? I have two partitions on my hard drive: C: and D: I do not understand what you mean.
See: How to set the path and environment variables in Windows

Your error is from your command prompt not being able to find subst (which is a standard system utility typically found in %windir%\system32), not from anything in your Android toolset.

M

MarceloP

Hello MarceloP. Cleaning up the platform cache? How do you do that? I have Windows 10 Pro. I have Administration Privileges in my OS.
Yeah, select the platform you want to deploy (Android on your case) and then click on Clean, or follow the hotkey:
upload_2018-6-12_15-13-12.png

After that, wait for GameMaker to clean the platform cache.

My other suggestion was to run GameMaker with administrative rights. For that, go to GameMaker shortcut, right click it, go on properties:

Now, everytime you run GameMaker it should ask for you to give it administrative rights.
After those 2 steps, try to deploy for Android again. If none of this work, I have no clue =(

Hope I've helped.

N

nexusgumiho

Yeah, select the platform you want to deploy (Android on your case) and then click on Clean, or follow the hotkey:
View attachment 18974

After that, wait for GameMaker to clean the platform cache.

My other suggestion was to run GameMaker with administrative rights. For that, go to GameMaker shortcut, right click it, go on properties:

Now, everytime you run GameMaker it should ask for you to give it administrative rights.
After those 2 steps, try to deploy for Android again. If none of this work, I have no clue =(

Hope I've helped.
I cleaned the platform cacheand I opened the program as administrator. The same problem. The same error message continues to appear:

C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:19.7102437s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\nexus\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Android Package started at 06/12/2018 19:24:16
"cmd" /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.2357519s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 06/12/2018 19:24:36
FAILED: Package Program Complete

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MarceloP

Man, if I were you, I'd go to the Runtimes tab, inside Preferences and I'd remove all runtimes. Then I'd close GameMaker, restart my computer, open it again and Install the latest Runtime again.

Why? Well, it's telling you that the program on the Runtime Cache went into a problem and stopped working: "/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (1)"
Maybe, in a remote maybe, reinstalling the runtime in a clear way may solve your problem.

I'd do even more. After restarting my computer (and cleaning all runtimes), I'd also check that folder and delete all inside the ".../Cache/runtimes" folder, just to be sure. In the worst case scenario the only thing that can happen is that you may need to make a clean install of GameMaker again xD

Tell us if you got it running :)

N

nexusgumiho

Man, if I were you, I'd go to the Runtimes tab, inside Preferences and I'd remove all runtimes. Then I'd close GameMaker, restart my computer, open it again and Install the latest Runtime again.

Why? Well, it's telling you that the program on the Runtime Cache went into a problem and stopped working: "/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (1)"
Maybe, in a remote maybe, reinstalling the runtime in a clear way may solve your problem.

I'd do even more. After restarting my computer (and cleaning all runtimes), I'd also check that folder and delete all inside the ".../Cache/runtimes" folder, just to be sure. In the worst case scenario the only thing that can happen is that you may need to make a clean install of GameMaker again xD

Tell us if you got it running :)
Hello MarceloP. I went into Preferences and Eliminated All Old Runtimes. I just left the Runtimes v2.1.4.218. Restart the Windows OS and keep giving the same error as always.

Runtime.png

M

MarceloP

Yeah, my suggestion was that this runtime is corrupted. That's why I suggested removing it, cleaning the runtime cache folder, restarting and then opening GM2 again and reinstalling the latest Runtime. But that would be my last guess.

Here, using 2.1.4.218 I can compile without problems for Android, and your problem seems to be the runtime.exe crashing and returning something different from 0, therefore it seems to be a compiling issue. Have you also tried to create a dummy project and compile it for android (new/empty project with a single black room as resource)?

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nexusgumiho

Yeah, my suggestion was that this runtime is corrupted. That's why I suggested removing it, cleaning the runtime cache folder, restarting and then opening GM2 again and reinstalling the latest Runtime. But that would be my last guess.

Here, using 2.1.4.218 I can compile without problems for Android, and your problem seems to be the runtime.exe crashing and returning something different from 0, therefore it seems to be a compiling issue. Have you also tried to create a dummy project and compile it for android (new/empty project with a single black room as resource)?
Hello MarceloP. I have uninstalled the GMS2. Then I installed it again. I have opened it as administrator and follow the same problem with Runtime. I have reported the BUG to YoYo Games and I am still waiting without an answer. I have sent the error report to YoYo Games. Thank you MarceloP for your help. You did what you could. I am very disappointed in Game Maker Studio 2. I have paid for a permanent license for nothing. A greeting.