• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Help needed with internal supported language list

T

Tom Foster

when uploading one of my games to a website i ran into a problem, on the website i cannot manually change the languages i support so the list looks like this,

Supported languages:
Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Bengali, Bosnian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Estonian, Basque, Persian, Finnish, French, Galician, Gujarati, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Armenian, Indonesian (legacy in code), Icelandic, Italian, Hebrew (legacy iw locale), Japanese, Georgian, Kazakh, Khmer, Kannada, Korean, Lithuanian, Latvian, Macedonian, Malayalam, Marathi, Malay, Burmese, Norwegian Bokmål, Nepali, Dutch, Punjabi, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Albanian, Serbian, Swedish, Swahili, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu

i contacted the support team for the website but the information i got i dont think applies to game maker (could be wrong)

"The languages supported list is drawn from the localization assets found within your application build. If you are using any third-party SDK, you have to adjust or remove their localization folders as well.

You may also need to restrict localization resources added by the Android Support library. Here is an example of how you can do this by editing the "build.gradle" file of your project in Android Studio:

android {
defaultConfig {
resConfigs "en", "fr", "es" //Define languages that your app supports.
}
}

"

i need to change the list of supported languages from inside the application but... i cant find where to do it in game maker so far i have tried looking in all the extensions i use and in global game settings in the android tab. i'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and would be willing to share, thanks in advance!