1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

HELP ! need 1.4 macOS gamemaker

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by Adam Procter, Jun 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Procter

Adam Procter Member

In urgent need of macOS 1.4 gamemaker just to show off a student game but cannot find it anywhere
    Game is broken using version 2 and I kinda need download of 1.4 now ! :(

Any link to a previous trial would be great , no plans to use it other than to run this one game

2. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

There has never been a version of the GMS 1.4 IDE that could run on a Mac, only a version that runs on Windows and exports to a Mac by connecting to one.

If you can describe how exactly the ported game is broken, there may be a way to fix it from the GMS 2 side. But if it still doesn't work, someone with a GMS 1.4 Mac license would have to compile it for you. Try the first way on the Q&A section for now, and if you don't get a resolution by tomorrow, PM me with a link to the source code and I'll try to build it for you.

Do note that "compile for me" requests are typically banned here, but your situation seems to warrant an exception. I'll leave that for a moderator to decide.

Adam Procter likes this.
  3. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

What people do though private messages is not something we can control, but on the forums I'm afraid to say that this isn't permitted. While we understand the issue, if we make one exception it can open the door to others claiming the same situation to get the same result, and so I'm going to close this topic. Feel free to make another topic to ask about the GMS2 porting issues if you want, as that is something that we most certainly can help you with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.