• Hey! Guest! The 40th (!!!) GMC Jam will take place between February 25th, 12:00 UTC to March 1st 12:00 UTC. Why not join in this very special anniversary jam! Click here to find out more!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Help me with my blackscreen

Birdmomma

Now yes im extremely new to this and im running into a problem i havent yet before and nothing im doing seems to be fixing the issue.

now this a simple little 2d game consistent of one room with a small snail that has to dodge cars and grab leafs nothing too intersesting, now it was working just fine before i updated the program, now it doesnt work at all, everytime i "run" the game it shows a black screen, everythings still there, i hear the sound effects of getting the leafs or getting hit by a car but i cant see anything, ive even remade the game in the newly updated program but it still shows a black screen. Does anyone have any tips?

Birdmomma, it seems that many people on this forum have encountered the same black screen problem. Me too ! But I solved it. My antivirus software was guilty. What are your computer's operating system and your antivirus ? I had to repair my antivirus and to clean the cache of my project in the Build/Clean menu of GSM2 in order to solve this problem.

Birdmomma

Birdmomma, it seems that many people on this forum have encountered the same black screen problem. Me too ! But I solved it. My antivirus software was guilty. What are your computer's operating system and your antivirus ? I had to repair my antivirus and to clean the cache of my project in the Build/Clean menu of GSM2 in order to solve this problem.
ay thanks, i honestly dont really now what my antivirus is but it might be because i just need to update my pc or its system (im always a little behind on the updates.)

TsukaYuriko

šŸŒ 
Forum Staff
Contact your PC's administrator, or whoever knows which antivirus is installed, and instruct them to check it for you. It may be blocking parts of the compiler, leading to textures being unable to be generated, so make sure no part of GMS 2 is being blocked from running.

Also check the following:
Is the object in question visible?
Are viewports enabled in the room settings?
Is a camera marked as visible in the room settings and is whatever is supposed to be visible contained within its view area?
Are all involved sprites properly assigned to a texture group? (Delete and remake it to be sure.)