• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Help me if you can

D

Dead_Walker909

hello guys im very knew to prgraming and gamemaker. I alredy watched tones of videos but i still dont get how to do meny things.
i am programming an rpg game with the GML from gamemaker studio 1.8.
im doing an rpg game and have some things going on.
the sprites dont look good when i press play that has to do with the resolution i watched videos over videos but
i couldnt find nothing that helped. I also want to make a inventory for the game but i cant figure out how.
if somoane has time to teach me one thing or the other i would be gratefull.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
i am programming an rpg game with the GML from gamemaker studio 1.8.
I highly doubt that... given that this version does not exist. :p

Which version are you actually using?

Please show us a screenshot of your game, as well as your view/camera settings or any code that changes these.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
the sprites dont look good when i press play
Do they look good in the editor? Otherwise, maybe you should start watching art tutorials first :p

I alredy watched tones of videos but i still dont get how to do meny things.
Have you tried practicing the concepts the videos introduce or do you just watch them passively? Video tutorials have a proven worse information retention rate than printed documents because they require less effort by the viewer so you basically get back what you invest.

I also want to make a inventory for the game but i cant figure out how.
Use arrays. Maybe structs for the items, depends on how much data they have.

D

Dead_Walker909

well i been watching lots of videos and practicing also writing everything down from what i understand by watching the video.
the sprites look good in the editor i use aesprite.