• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows HELP GMS2 running the game

A

AM14

I just updated my GMS2 yesterday (1/28/17) and after that I can't run my game. Whenever I press the run button (Triangle thing) it does the compiling stuff and at the end this shows up.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:04.3713729s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.3.36/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Arata\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 01/28/2017 12:30:14
FAILED : Run Program Complete

I also imported "Pixel Perfect Camera" asset in my game so that might be the problem. I also tried with other project of mine that did not include "Pixel Perfect Camera" asset and the same thing showed up. Please help I want to continue working on my game. Thank you.

T

TalkyLemon

I think this bit:

is saying that a previous command failed. Could you copy/paste the few lines before this from the output window?

Ednei

I just updated my GMS2 yesterday (1/28/17) and after that I can't run my game. Whenever I press the run button (Triangle thing) it does the compiling stuff and at the end this shows up.

elapsed time 00:00:04.3713729s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.3.36/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Arata\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 01/28/2017 12:30:14
FAILED : Run Program Complete

I also imported "Pixel Perfect Camera" asset in my game so that might be the problem. I also tried with other project of mine that did not include "Pixel Perfect Camera" asset and the same thing showed up. Please help I want to continue working on my game. Thank you.
The latest GMS 2 update is buggy. See this topic:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/50-55-cpu-usage-doing-nothing-in-2-0-4-64.18185/

I think a lot of people are not able to work with the new version. (Like me).
We'll probably have to wait for a new update (maybe next week)

A

AM14

I think this bit:

is saying that a previous command failed. Could you copy/paste the few lines before this from the output window?
Ok last few lines it says a lot of writing chunk and this.

Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=1741.6308
Stats : GMA : sp=0,au=0,bk=0,pt=0,sc=0,sh=0,fo=0,tl=0,ob=0,ro=0,da=0,ex=0,ma=2,fm=0x0

I have no idea what it means.

D

Dylaniza

I've had trouble running games since the new update. Just reset my pc to factory settings to see if that might help. gonna try and see if there is any problems still. It is in beta so it is expected.

Z

Zibidibodel

It seems this is caused by the update's cpu usage issues. They said it should be fixed sometime next week as they found the issue that caused it on Friday after releasing the patch.

A

AM14

It seems this is caused by the update's cpu usage issues. They said it should be fixed sometime next week as they found the issue that caused it on Friday after releasing the patch.
Ok great. Thanks for answering. I hope it comes quickly because I love making games.