• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Linux Help getting GameMaker Studio trial running on Ubuntu

R

rielgab

Hello, I've been trying to get GameMaker Studio trial working but it seems that I'm making a mistake somewhere. I downloaded the WIndows exe since it seems that that was the only option since I'm not running on a Mac. I have openSSH set up and i install Wine to run the exe but it seemed to have a fatal error upon install.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
GMS2 is only meant to run on Windows PCs or Macs. It's not designed to be run within a virtual or sandboxed environment, and there is no official support for this option.

The-any-Key

You can try add these:
Code:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install openssh-client openssh-server libopenal1 libopenal1:i386 libncurses5-dev:i386 libbz2-1.0:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libxxf86vm1 libssl1.0.0:i386 libglu1:i386 libxrandr-dev libxrandr2:i386 zip unzip fakeroot -y