Help coding rudimentary enemy behavior

Hi so as you can tell by the title I need help coding the named feature for my game. The game in question is a fully turn-based RPG.
Just to get on the same footing with everyone I'll post a sample of the code for my combat system and specifically how the player attacks.

Below follows the code for key press enter:

if my_turn == true{

skill_found = false;
for ( i = 0; i < array_height_2d(Gamestate.skill_function_array); i += 1)
{
current_skill_function_array = (Gamestate.skill_function_array [skill_pos.skill_name]);
current_menu_skill = (string(Gamestate.Set_skills[|menu_index]));
if current_skill_function_array == current_menu_skill
{
if obj_player.currentMP >= Gamestate.skill_function_array[skill_pos.skill_mana_cost]{
script_execute(Gamestate.skill_function_array[skill_pos.skill_function])
Gamestate.Ascend_switch -= 1
if Gamestate.Ascend_switch <= 0{
obj_player.currentMP -= Gamestate.skill_function_array[skill_pos.skill_mana_cost];
}

alarm[0] = 80;
}
else{
show_debug_message("not enough mana");
}
skill_found = true;
break;
}

}
if skill_found == true {
show_debug_message("Skill Found");
}
else {
show_debug_message("Skill not Found");
}
}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The important thing to note here is the for-loop and the script_execute command. Basically i've coded a different script for all the different attacks in the game and this block of code calls a specific attackscript based on a couple of factors.
Now I'm not sure if this is going to work but the idea I had for enemy coding is to make the enemy a mirror of the player in some ways, in that I make them call a specific script for each time they attack.
How I'm going to do that is beyond me though and as I said I have no idea if this is going to actually work.

For now the enemy's turn is tied to the alarm event

Constructive feedback appreciated.