• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Help cant open my scripts or objects in my Project!

K

Kl3XY

For some reason it doesnt open any Objects and scripts i made!

N

NeZvers

Can you open new scripts?
Are all gml files there in your project folder?
Did you do anything with your project folder?

K

Kl3XY

Can you open new scripts?
Are all gml files there in your project folder?
Did you do anything with your project folder?
No i can't open new Scripts
yes all gml files are in the folder
No i didn't do anything to the folder

Are you using a custom theme for the IDE? Those have caused numerous problems recently. Switch to the default theme if you are not already using it.

When was the last time that you could open objects and scripts?

K

Kl3XY

Are you using a custom theme for the IDE? Those have caused numerous problems recently. Switch to the default theme if you are not already using it.

Maybe 2 or 3 Hours ago?

One thing i realisedi can't maximize the window of Gamemaker either

I Switched to the Default design and it also doesn't help

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you create a blank new project, then create a script or object and edit one of those? That would likely point to something wrong with your project (corruption or something like that).

K

Kl3XY

Can you create a blank new project, then create a script or object and edit one of those? That would likely point to something wrong with your project (corruption or something like that).
Does the same thing on the new project aswell

one thing is weird the game itself runs like there is no problem whatsoever

Does the same thing on the new project aswell
Can you try running GMS2 as administrator. If that doesn't work, perhaps a reinstall is needed. Also, what folder are you saving your projects in? If they are in something like "My Documents", then get them out of there as they may need higher permissions to access.

K

Kl3XY

i ran GMS1.4 (i use 1.4 if thats i hope that its okay) as administrator = Still doesnt work!
The projects were saved in my documents i moved them to my desktop = Still doesn't work!
I Reinstalled gamemaker 1.4 = Nothing still doesnt work

Can you try running GMS2 as administrator. If that doesn't work, perhaps a reinstall is needed. Also, what folder are you saving your projects in? If they are in something like "My Documents", then get them out of there as they may need higher permissions to access.
Hey! i fixed it i had to "Cascade" the windows!

Under "windows" and then i pressed cascade
still thanks for the help!