Help animating

G

GameMakerGuy

Hello. I am not great with pixel art but managed to create a cute little cat character. I tried to animate the cat who I named "Pickles" but it didn't turn out that great. I would like to know if any of you can animate Pickles' running animation for me. If additional information is required, feel free to ask me. Pickles' character strip below.

Attachments

G

GameMakerGuy

And I am aware that he looks like Shaun Spalding's character for his ARPG. Sorta.

K

kazuki

Hey! cook sprite. I was wondering how did you create your sprite like that in png file. When I loaded a sprite png in to create sprite image in GMS. I didn't get it into frame like yours.
would you mind telling me what I did wrong or what I could do? I'm still new to game development.

1597381201480.png

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Hey! cook sprite. I was wondering how did you create your sprite like that in png file. When I loaded a sprite png in to create sprite image in GMS. I didn't get it into frame like yours.
would you mind telling me what I did wrong or what I could do? I'm still new to game development.

View attachment 33352
Sprite strips will only be loaded automatically if their name ends in _stripXX where XX is the number of subimages. You can import them manually using Image --> Import Strip Image and then manually enter the dimensions of the area you want to import. (This also lets you import stuff from a spritesheet with more than one animation more easily)

I

iAnzenGenki

progress.png
It is not easy my friend, I'm happy with the down animation and I'm trying my hand at 8 directions. I've kinda hit a wall with how to animate the diagonal directions with my super minimal design, happy with my first frame but to complete the walking cycle...(screams in agony)

EDIT: I don't have the left/right or up directions done yet, I should probably start there but I wanted to see how hard it was to do diagonal with this idea.

Last edited by a moderator: