Help animating

Hello. I am not great with pixel art but managed to create a cute little cat character. I tried to animate the cat who I named "Pickles" but it didn't turn out that great. I would like to know if any of you can animate Pickles' running animation for me. If additional information is required, feel free to ask me. Pickles' character strip below.

Attachments

kazuki

Hey! cook sprite. I was wondering how did you create your sprite like that in png file. When I loaded a sprite png in to create sprite image in GMS. I didn't get it into frame like yours.
would you mind telling me what I did wrong or what I could do? I'm still new to game development.

1597381201480.png

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Hey! cook sprite. I was wondering how did you create your sprite like that in png file. When I loaded a sprite png in to create sprite image in GMS. I didn't get it into frame like yours.
would you mind telling me what I did wrong or what I could do? I'm still new to game development.

View attachment 33352
Sprite strips will only be loaded automatically if their name ends in _stripXX where XX is the number of subimages. You can import them manually using Image --> Import Strip Image and then manually enter the dimensions of the area you want to import. (This also lets you import stuff from a spritesheet with more than one animation more easily)

iAnzenGenki

progress.png
It is not easy my friend, I'm happy with the down animation and I'm trying my hand at 8 directions. I've kinda hit a wall with how to animate the diagonal directions with my super minimal design, happy with my first frame but to complete the walking cycle...(screams in agony)

EDIT: I don't have the left/right or up directions done yet, I should probably start there but I wanted to see how hard it was to do diagonal with this idea.

Last edited: