Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AcidicHydra

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself I have been working on a game for a few months now and frankly I wanted to come here to learn more about how to use gamemaker and as far as I know this seems like a good place to get more information and hopefully eventually show off what I am building when it is more to my liking. I hope I am posting this in the right place as I saw no new people section. I have skimmed over the Manuel and watched many of of Shaun Spaldings stuff but I was wondering if their are better sources to learn from that I haven’t really checked out. I skimmed this website and a few other youtubers on occasion to learn more but I am curious what are the best sources.

Thank you guys for your time.

curato

The introduction thread is here: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/introduce-yourself.83/

If you have a specific game type in mind like platformer just google gamemaker studio platformer and all kinds of stuff shows up. Best advice is don't try to jump into your dream MMO right of the bat with no programing experience. Start simple. Use the manual. search the forum or google if you are stuck. If you can't figure it out then just make a post and ask.

A

AcidicHydra

Thanks for the info, I keep hearing keep it small so I am trying to even though it is pretty difficult for me I always want add more you know. I did some tutorials though and felt pretty confident about it afterwards. ( even went back multiple times just to make sure I was doing it right.) So right now I feel best with doing a platformers mostly because it sounds the most fun to me and most of the tutorials I watched centered around platform mechanics.

rIKmAN

So right now I feel best with doing a platformers mostly because it sounds the most fun to me and most of the tutorials I watched centered around platform mechanics.
I hear nothing but good things about FriendlyCosmonaut, she has a tutorial series based on a Farming RPG if you wanted to try something different.

She may have others as well, check her channel out as I'm sure there is plenty you can learn even if you don't want to follow the tutorial.

Yeah, definitely keep it small. When you're relatively new to game making, take whatever estimate you have for how long it would take to implement a feature and at least quintiple it. As you get more experienced, you get the luxury of just tripling it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.