• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Heart Under Machine (Title may change)

A

ajan-ko

This project is CANCELED!!

I'm trying to make a game where I can mix ghost in the shell with naruto.

The theme will be urban ninja + mecha. So basically the mecha just only the tools to do the job, it's not the main combat. The main combat is to create situations where the footsoldier can hijack opponent mobile via surprise.

There will be positioning before combat. So the player can move to designed location before enemy know where people are like Special Unit (or SWAT) based tactic game.

The main selling point in this game is probably the mechanics.
Each character have common movement options that makes the game interesting.

Replacement = Basically switching self with object or enemy.
Switcheroo = Switch human or object with another human or object.
Shadow Clone = Create clone to do dirty stuff to your opponent. MP will be halfed.

UPDATE:

1. Color Pallete
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/color-palette.55944/

Based on my experience with my last project, in order to make your game stand out, it's better to decide what color pallete you want to make.
Instead of colorful, I want to represent uneasiness, unfamiliarity.

2. Rough Front Page
I want to put some moon in the back of the robot, but this will do for now.

Last edited:
A

ajan-ko

I'm going to put the technical jargon in here.

CSV BASED DATABASE
So what I'm doing is, I put the database on .csv file text

The reason is, it's easier to control the database, or mod the game. If somehow, I want to typeset my game, I just convert this csv into excel and send it to people, so easy.

Plus, if I want to balance the game, I don't need to recompile to test the game, I'm just gonna run the EXE. It will takes time to code the game in the begining, but it will cut lots of compile time when the game almost finished.

The problem with making games, the effort you need to make to finish the project is harder than starting the project. There's a valid reason, because the progress of building a game is not linear, it's a curve.

So you need to make sure you build a tools to minize the effort on last cycle of developtment.

Last edited:
A

ajan-ko

-reserved- probably for marketing strategy.

Last edited:
T

TinyGamesLab

I'm going to put the technical jargon in here.

So what I'm doing is, I put the database on .csv file text

The reason is, it's easier to control the database, or mod the game, if somehow I want to typesetter my game, I just convert this csv into excel and send it to people, so easy.

Plus, if I want to balance the game, I don't need to recompile to test the game, I'm just gonna run the EXE. It will takes time to code the game in the begining, but it will cut lots of compile time when the game almost finished.
That's a great way to help you balance your game! I've coded in ways to modify the balance of my games but never though of having it in a clean csv file (And I do love spreadsheets, as I almost always try all my math scripts in excel before coding into the game).
As for the game feel, I really like the art style and the theme! Very good work put into those sprites.
My only recommendation would be to try to reduce the background focus, by working with its saturation, contrast and/or brightness. It is very detailed, which I love, but is competing for my attention too much for my own taste.
Keep up the good work!

R

Red Phantom

This does indeed look promising. Sprites are flawless.