GML Having Trouble with Normal Run Compiling

BlueScarf

Some Background Info:
Hello, I have been having trouble these last couple of days with a weird issue, and I figured I'd give up and ask for help. I am having a weird issue, my game is a turn based battle game, similar to Pokemon. When using a move, an object will create and write out text, character by character, in a rectangle. If the player globally presses the left mouse button, the box will go away and stop writing text.

Problem:
Now my problem is, that when running the game via normal execute I get stuck in an infinite loop and the text never changes, however when I run the game via debugger, it runs normally as intended and the text changes correctly. What are the differences in compiling normally versus compiling in the debugger? It almost seems like lines of code are being skipped in normal execute? Can I set my normal execute to run the same compiler as the debug module(if they are different)?

TheouAegis

Do you have any debug code running somewhere?

More importantly, you're pretty certain it's an infinite loop. So don't worry about the debugger -- carefully double-check all of your loops that could be running at that time.

BlueScarf

@TheouAegis
Thank you, I fixed it. I double checked my code, and I was setting a variable to a boolean and a string in different objects. I don't understand why it worked in correctly in the debugger, but now it works in both, thank you for your help.