• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Having issues with drawing Ammo Counter (Depth Issue)

Vinsane

Hi guys!

I have an issue going on with drawing some font on top of my background object.

The background object has depth set to -
depth = -1

I then have an object that draws the score within the room.
within the create event the object that draws the score has
depth = -100

Under the draw GUI event of the same object it has

if object_exists(obj_player_pistol_lvl1) - The Player
{
draw_set_colour(c_blue) - The colour
draw_text(698,712,"AMMO = " + string(global.pistol_lvl1_ammo)) - the draw string itself
}

The thing is, the object appears fine when rendering on windows VM. As soon as I send the game over to my android everything loads properly except for the ammo counter. I cannot see the font i'm drawing if that makes sense.

Would anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
Vince

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Check the size of the GUI layer and make sure that it's the size you expect. I suspect that the GUI is smaller or at least a different aspect ratio to what you expect and so the text is being drawn outside the visible screen area... You should check the manual for the function display_set_gui_size. ;)

Vinsane

Check the size of the GUI layer and make sure that it's the size you expect. I suspect that the GUI is smaller or at least a different aspect ratio to what you expect and so the text is being drawn outside the visible screen area... You should check the manual for the function display_set_gui_size. ;)
You are fantastic, that seems to have fixed the issue thank you.