• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Having issues with Android Export for the Google Play Store

Salvanus

Hi all, not sure if this is the correct forum for this one, please let me know if I should move it to programming or something else!

I have a game on the google play store, but whenever you launch it from your device, it shows a loading screen for a few seconds, then closing with the message "Unfortunately, (App) has shut down."

This has been the case on at least 10 test devices, and it has to have something to do with how it is being exported on my end with gamemaker.

I'm using the Android App Bundle export because I can't get APK to work (I have no idea how to upload the assets zip file onto the google play console.

I've tried almost every configuration I can think of (6 updates, none of them fix the problem).

The only lead I can right now is regarding the "Build tools" section of gamemaker. For some reason when I select "API Level 30" the Build tools section is blank.

Here are the two examples in question:
I've tried uploading AABs of both 30 and 29, and neither one fix the shut down after the load screen.

I have to suspect I am doing something wrong, or something is corrupted, but I don't know where to turn for help. The google play support doesn't help with developer issues, so this is my last place to turn.

I'd appreciate any advice!

Thank you!

Also, when I published the newest release, I got these errors:

Warning Your app download size exceeds 150 MB. Since apps that exceed 150 MB require user confirmation during install, the larger size may adversely impact your install rate.

Warning This App Bundle contains Java/Kotlin code, which might be obfuscated. We recommend you upload a deobfuscation file to make your crashes and ANRs easier to analyze and debug. Learn More

Warning This App Bundle contains native code, and you've not uploaded debug symbols. We recommend you upload a symbol file to make your crashes and ANRs easier to analyze and debug. Learn More

Also, don't know if this helps, but when I try to upload the AAB file on the google play store when I don's have "Dynamic Asset Delivery" checked off, I get this giant wall of text as an error on the create production release page:

"One or more of the auto-generated multi-APKs exceeds the maximum allowed size of 150 MB. Your App Bundle contains the following configurations where the initial install would exceed the maximum size of 150 MB: X86_64 + MDPI + da,X86 + XXXHDPI + zh,X86_64 + MDPI + de,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + hi,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + hu,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + hr,X86_64 + MDPI + cs,X86_64 + MDPI + en,X86_64 + MDPI + el,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + gl,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + gu,X86_64 + MDPI + fi,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + ja,X86_64 + MDPI + fa,X86_64 + MDPI + eu,X86_64 + MDPI + et,X86_64 + MDPI + es,X86_64 + MDPI + gl,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + hy,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + in,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + iw,X86_64 + MDPI + fr,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + is,X86 + XXXHDPI + zu,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + it,X86 + XXXHDPI + vi,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + lt,X86 + XXXHDPI + uz,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + lo,X86 + XXXHDPI + ur,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + lv,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + ka,X86_64 + MDPI + af,X86 + XXXHDPI + uk,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + kk,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + km,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + ko,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + kn,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + ky,X86 + XXXHDPI + tr,X86 + XXXHDPI + tl,X86_64 + MDPI + bg,X86_64 + MDPI + be,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + ne,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + nb,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + nl,X86_64 + MDPI + as,X86_64 + MDPI + az,X86_64 + MDPI + am,X86_64 + MDPI + ar,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + mk,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + ml,X86_64 + MDPI + ca,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + ms,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + mr,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + mn,X86_64 + MDPI + bn,X86_64 + MDPI + bs,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + my,X86 + XXXHDPI + pt,X86 + XXXHDPI + pl,X86 + XXXHDPI + th,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + as,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + ar,X86 + XXXHDPI + te,X86 + XXXHDPI + ta,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + az,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + bg,X86 + XXXHDPI + sw,X86 + XXXHDPI + sv,X86_64 + XXXHDPI + af,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + be,X86 + XXXHDPI + sr,X86 + XXXHDPI + sq,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + bn,X86 + XXXHDPI + sl,X86 + XXXHDPI + sk,X86_64 + XXXHDPI + as,X86 + XXXHDPI + si,X86_64 + XXXHDPI + ar,X86_64 + XXXHDPI + am,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + af,X86 + XXXHDPI + ru,X86_64 + XXXHDPI + bg,X86_64 + XXXHDPI + be,X86_64 + XXXHDPI + az,X86 + XXXHDPI + ro,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + am,X86 + XXXHDPI + ne,X86_64 + XXXHDPI + bs,X86 + XXXHDPI + nb,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + da,X86 + XXXHDPI + my,X86_64 + XXXHDPI + bn,X86 + XXXHDPI + ms,X86 + XXXHDPI + mr,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + de,X86 + XXXHDPI + mn,X86 + XXXHDPI + ml,X86 + XXXHDPI + mk,X86_64 + XXXHDPI + ca,X86_64 + XXXHDPI + cs,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + bs,ARMEABI_V7A + MDPI + ........."

it goes about 10x longer than that!