• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

UWP Having difficulty getting Xbox achievements to pop.

V

ViridianGames

There's a lot to the setup of Xbox Live functionality, but as far as I can tell, I've done everything I need to. I have created the achievements for the game (they even show up in the guide while I'm playing). I have followed everything on the "Adding Xbox Live Support" page. I have properly set the Title ID and Service Configuration ID in the UWP Settings in my project.

But the behavior I'm getting is very odd. For starters, the game won't even start if no one is logged in - it should start then bring up the account picker screen, but it doesn't do that. And during gameplay, no account information can be gathered. The xboxlive_user_is_signed_in() function ALWAYS returns false, even though the game won't run without someone signed in. The xboxlive_gamertag_for_user() function always returns an empty string, even though, again, the game won't run without someone signed in. If I sign out during the game, it instantly shuts down.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

rIKmAN

There's a lot to the setup of Xbox Live functionality, but as far as I can tell, I've done everything I need to. I have created the achievements for the game (they even show up in the guide while I'm playing). I have followed everything on the "Adding Xbox Live Support" page. I have properly set the Title ID and Service Configuration ID in the UWP Settings in my project.

But the behavior I'm getting is very odd. For starters, the game won't even start if no one is logged in - it should start then bring up the account picker screen, but it doesn't do that. And during gameplay, no account information can be gathered. The xboxlive_user_is_signed_in() function ALWAYS returns false, even though the game won't run without someone signed in. The xboxlive_gamertag_for_user() function always returns an empty string, even though, again, the game won't run without someone signed in. If I sign out during the game, it instantly shuts down.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
If you are using the UWP Export then you are part of the Creators Program which doesn’t support Achievements.

If you want more Live features such as Achievements and Online Multiplayer etc then you need to apply to and be accepted onto the ID@Xbox Program, but this then requires the $799 12mth Xbox Console Licence and not the UWP Licence.

If you scroll halfway down this page:
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/developers/creators-program

You’ll see a box saying if you want Achievements and Online Multiplayer to apply to ID@Xbox with a link for further details on the ID@Xbox Program which can be found here:
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/developers/id

V

ViridianGames

Thank you very much for your help. I wasn't aware that the base UWP export only supported Creators Program (even though it mentions it on the license page) and I wasn't aware that Creators Program didn't allow achievements. I guess this is why there's a "real" Xbox export as well. I'll get the license cleared up and hopefully that will fix everything.

Thanks again.

Xitilon

If you want more Live features such as Achievements and Online Multiplayer etc then you need to apply to and be accepted onto the ID@Xbox Program, but this then requires the $799 12mth Xbox Console Licence and not the UWP Licence.
This is not correct, I've been publishing GameMaker games to ID@XBOX for 3 years now, and most of them were using the UWP. Too bad I can't be everywhere on the internets, and the UWP support is finally being outdated in 2 months from now, so this is kind of useless information now.

Nidoking

Maybe it changed sometime in the last three years. You know, since the comment was posted that you're "replying" to. Yes, information gets stale over time, but people updating the thread to make it look current can't possibly be helping.