• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Have you ever had a dream about a game design represented as movie, that you wish you could recall?

About a day ago, I had this amazing dream that I had when I went to sleep, which was represented in the form of a series of locations that I was traveling through. It was lucid with darkness and lighted areas with different colors, and it changed as I traveled through one location to another location. It ended when I discovered at the end of this chain of locations that were connected together, a monster like a dragon. The dragon chased me
out of all the connected locations that previously traveled through to the beginning of where I supposedly started. And thats not the whole of it - because there more details like characters in the movie. Now, god help me, I wish could do anything to have that dream again, because it was either a game design or a movie in the form of a animation about something. Now the problem is that when I have these lucid and detailed dreams, when I wake up - 80% to 90% of the dream disappears from my memory, in terms of the images and details. I have had this happen to me several times, and no matter how I try to recall the details of a dream that inspires me with a game design represented as a movie animation - I cant recall it. Its the worse feeling to know that just a few moments ago - I was experiencing the greatest dream in my sleep and yet, now I cant recall it to even write it down, because 80% to 90% of the details are now lost. Nothing , I could do - would be able to repeat the dream so I could have the same experience if I dreamed again.

I would do anything to remember the dream with the dragon in it. But its really hard to wake up , and write the details down to something that feels
like you watched 2 hour movie inside your head, that your inspired by. Even if I were to TRY and remember the details, half of it wouldn't be accurate to
what the dream was about. This was a 3 dimensional game, it was like a first person point of view, like I was traveling in a space ship through a connection
of dungeons or rooms. It;s like a collection of influences ( or confluences ) from maybe movies I had once watched long ago, or a video game that one of my friends was playing, that I was watching. It drives me crazy when I have these really cool dreams that I wish I could write down. But I am back at the problem that 80% to 90% of the dream is gone. It could be described as a phantasmagoria dream where the scene changes because I am traveling in progression from one location to another, and then in reverse to escape the dragon chasing me. I would be making up the dream if I were to try to remember it. But it was like a movie, more than a game design. And thats it.... thats my problem... when I have these amazing dreams and wake up - their gone forever. It would be lucky if I had the same dream again.

My dream makes the game that I am currently working on, look like crap. I feel like , I wish I could design a game like the dream I had , or create an animation like the dream I had. I was ready to toss my current game design, but I didn't. I've had this happen to me before in my own dreams. I dont know why I cant recall it - but thats it.

Have any of you ever had this problem, when you wake up from an amazing dream that represents a game design in the form of a movie animation to recall, just to know that in the next hour its gone from your mind?

What are your experiences?

SymbolShift

Interestingly I had a dream several months back about a video game. I remember it was a platform game, and what blew me away was the graphics were incredible. That part amazed me the most, since I have always struggled to create graphics, and will just stare at a blank sheet of paper. However, this game was full of amazingly detailed graphics, that I was seeing in real-time, no creative thought necessary. How is this even possible? Annoyingly, I often have dreams with incredible levels of visual detail that I am unable to create in the real world.

The game in my dream was not familiar to me, and have never played anything like it, so it was not from memory. I woke up wanting to re-create it, but the details were too fuzzy.

I had a dream about this weird Doom 3d style Cyberpunk shooter game. I have hopes to one day make that game, I even have a stupid name for it, "Continent Detonated", a pseudo sci-fi Cyberpunk with spirit power technology.

I also had a dream of a bunny character I made, but in the dream it was some kind of puzzle game, that was confusing.

Edit: Dreamed of an old play project I made of a ghost ninja, it just looked like the game I had made (unfinished)

I generally remember my dreams pretty well and dream every time I sleep even if I doze off I instantly have visual dreams, it's freaky cause I can fall asleep for like 5 minutes and wake up and see I didn't fall asleep for long and even a video or song playing on my phone won't even be finished.