• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Beta Have a look at Bricole's ESL

Hello o/

This is with a bit of shyness that I present my more than a year work of learning programming on GM which I recognize became much more than just a hobby ...

I'am currently managing a private English teaching school with my wife. We are teaching it as a second language for people living around our place. We are mostly teaching children as well as some teenagers and well you know what ? They love games ! However preparing those games may reveal extremely time consuming and cost ineffective as to customize it for each class will require new materials : printing pictures or grids ..., cutting, gluing etc ...

Bricole's ESL is meant to help ESL teachers (English Second Langue) to prepare those games as well as some worksheets (crosswords for example) easily and quickly. It's best for the teacher to have a printer and a screen for all the class to see clearly everything. It can as well be very effective with online teaching or individual lessons without much extra materials.

A link to the website : https://bricole-s.com/ESL/ESL_nav.php?page=home

Yet only the windows version is availlable as a .zip archive for testing. The linux version is working though since I use it. I truly need extra feedback on that and maybe any idea of extra mini-application to add in there.

The website, still on building, contains already enough previews and explaination to get started in the "Tutorial" section.

Here is a screenshot of the main menu of the application :
Screen_Bricoles_esl.png

Thanks a lot o/