Free Hatz

O

Otyugra

So far I've only made it to world 4, and this has already become one of my favorite GameMaker games of all time! Jesus, Snail Man; it's like everything you touch turns to gold! Every time someone downloads GameMaker Studio, they should be forced to play this game for educational purposes, not but because it is a perfect game (it is very rough around the edges), but because it is a great example of the potential of GameMaker, while also showing that you don't need to be an expert of GML to make something excellent. The world has a personality and a loose theme, but it also retains that anything-goes attitude that I love about indie games made by hobbyists. Your music, no matter how often it repeats, never becomes annoying and always fits the situation well enough. The rare animations really sell the game, from the fluid walk cycle, to the way faces eat you. The level design, while a bit uneven, was generally great and sometimes outstanding. The story at the start of the game was effective enough to earn the fact it was wordless. To top it all off, the settings were numerous which was like Christmas morning. Unfortunately, there were plenty of times when I felt bosses were a tiny bit too hard, and times when I felt the difficulty didn't build smoothly, but this was never enough to stop me from having fun. If you ever wanted to work on the game again, I think the solid ground could really use some details and variety, but that is honestly the only thing I would ask for; they say an indie game is never finished, but I think Hatz is the closest to being a Nintendo-quality completed product that I've seen here in a long time. This is a game that should cost 5 dollars. I feel genuinely guilty for getting to play this game for free. Hatz will stand the test of time, mark my words.

F

FROGANUS

Really cool game. The screenshots weren't immediately compelling, but you have to try it because its fast paced, the music is sick, the design of the levels and progression of different hats/bosses/obstacles is really well crafted! Professionally tied into the menu interface as well- it has a nice consistent style. Good Job! I got to like world 3 or 4.. it got green.. :)