Has anyone here ever seen or built a basketball game in GameMaker?

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by GM029, May 20, 2019.

1. GM029

GM029 Member

I'm thinking of an arcade basketball game along the lines of Double Dribble or something like that. I don't think I've ever come across a basketball game built in GameMaker.

I would love to see an example of how you would program shooting the basketball, the arc from wherever you are on the floor and hits/misses/possibly airballs.

2. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

I remember one guy working on a simple 1v1 Basketball game quite a while ago, may have been on the old forums. It was a small prototype was was still looking promising.
    I can't recall many others, but I would like to see more, always been a bit interested in making one myself one day.

GM029 likes this.
  3. tyllelly8

tyllelly8 Member

I like your idea. I am very passionate about basketball. raising expectations can download this game at mobidescargar

GM029 likes this.
  4. woodsmoke

woodsmoke Member

The game Siolfor is taking about is probably Turbo Slam Dunk. I couldn't find the GMC-thread, but here is the games twitter account and itch.io page where it can be downloaded for free.

GM029 and Siolfor the Jackal like this.
  5. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

That's the one! Looks like he finished it, I'm glad, I don't think he joined the new forum so I never knew it got updated and possibly finished.

6. GM029

GM029 Member

That looks cool! I will try it out later.