• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

UWP Has anyone gotten xboxlive_sprite_add_from_gamerpicture to work?

Jon

(Xpost from unanswered community tech support forum.)

I am working on an Xbox Creators Program game.
I have this code (from a sample):
var _a = 0;

var _num = xboxlive_get_user_count();
for (var i = 0; i < _num; ++i )
{
var _uid = xboxlive_get_user(i);
if _uid != pointer_null
{

global.UserName[_a] = xboxlive_gamedisplayname_for_user(_uid);
global.UserScore[_a] = xboxlive_gamerscore_for_user(_uid);
global.UserRep[_a] = xboxlive_reputation_for_user(_uid);
global.XBLPic = xboxlive_sprite_add_from_gamerpicture(_uid, 256, 0, 0);
++_a;​
}​
}​

Of this code, the only thing that is returning a result in the array is xbox_live_gamedisplayname(). The rest of the xboxlive_ functions don't return useful values.

Then I have this code in an async Image Loaded event in the same object:
if ds_map_find_value(async_load, "id") == global.XBLPic
{
if ds_map_find_value(async_load, "status") >= 0
{
sprite_index = global.XBLPic;
global.ok2=true;
}
}​

This Image Loaded event never fires.
When I try this same approach in a Windows app pulling an image from the web with sprite_add and the Image Loaded event, it works as expected.

Has anyone gotten xboxlive_sprite_add_from_gamerpicture working from a UWP Creators app (not ID@Xbox), I'd love to know.
Or if anyone can confirm that this is not supported, that would be great too.

Hi! Wow, this is so frustrating. I asked yoyo for help, sent messages asking for help, as the documentation for these functions is very bad and does not help us. Send a request for help as well, who knows they will help us. If I succeed, I'll let you know.

Jon

I believe there are some functions that require ID@xbox licensing to work - even in UWP. That's fine, the docs just give no indication of which they are. For example the xboxlive_matchmaking_* functions aren't accessible without ID@xbox. A warning or error in the debug output would be nice.