HTML5 Harry High Dive (Facebook Messenger Instant Games)

Discussion in 'Made with GameMaker' started by Happy Bacon Games, Apr 11, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

Harry High Dive is playable on Facebook Messenger's new Instant Games platform.

[Description]
    Harry is a high-climbing dare devil bent on diving from the most excessive heights.
    Dodge exploding bombs and collect food as you ascend the endless ladder.
    Directly challenge your friends through Facebook Messenger for the highest score.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ethanoh

ethanoh Member

Hello there, I'd love to know what it was like getting your game onto the Instant Games platform. Can you share some details? How was the application process? Did you have to modify the game…?

Thanks!

3. With things still being in a closed beta, I don't know how many details we are allowed to divulge.
    But, overall, the Instant Games SDK has been pretty easy to work with and tie into the HTML5 export. There have been some hiccups along the way, but nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to HTML5 web development.

When the beta lifts, I would be willing to share any helpful specifics.

4. Devonodev

Devonodev Member

Ill have to try this, facebook messenger games are great for getting competitive with highscores with friends.

5. clee2005

clee2005 Member

I'm interested in the Facebook Instant games platform as well. It was just released publicly today which is cool!

I want to know how we monetize our games on this platform? There is no extension or native GMS2 support for HTML5 ads or IAPs is that correct?

Thanks,
    Chris

6. Speederman

Speederman Member

Hi! Facebook instant games is open now and I'm trying to put a game in there. Everything goes fine except for one specific thing: resolution. I can't have my game running in more than 360x640 pixels on mobile devices.

Your game looks great on mobile. Could you please tell me how if you got a higher resolution than mine? It's a bit frustrating, but I've been struggling with it for days with no success... I've got to reach a solution that I've posted here and the game looks fine on browsers with it, but once I put the game in Instant Games it scales down and I'm running out of ideas... Any hint would be really appreciated...

EDIT: I've contacted Yoyo staff directly and they have confirmed the issue, so a new bug thread has been started here with a high priority. Let's hope they find a solution soon...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  7. Kaguva

Kaguva Member

Hii!!
    I just finish my "InstantGames Facebook" asset works in GM1 and GM2

YoyoForum Post:
    https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/instantgames-facebook.46451/

VIDEO: click here

Get all the online features that InstantGames provide!

Features:

-Social Features
    • Custom Updates
    • Custom Sharing
    • Connected Players
    • Changing Contexts
    -Ads Monetization
    • Interstitial Ad
    • Rewarded Video Ad
    -Leaderboards
    -Analytics
    -IAPs(when Facebook released, now is on beta)
    -Documented

More info about InstantGames
    https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/instant-games