• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Hand Drawn Sprite events ignored

F

fizzog

Hello All,

I noticed this issue with hand drawn sprites using GMS2 that events are ignored. What am I missing? If I import an image to use as a sprite, I can see all events received as expected.

GMS2 > IDE: v2.3.0.529 Runtime v2.3.0.401
--------------------------
Model Name: MacBook Pro
macOS: Big Sur
Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,1
Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 16 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB

Attachments

F

fizzog

A short video demonstrating the issue with mouse enter events can be seen here =>

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Check the sprite's properties and make sure that its collision mask is set properly. Chances are this was set to something smaller than it was supposed to be (whether that's by you or a malfunction in the IDE), or to a size that is technically non-existent (as in 0 pixels wide and high). The Mouse Enter event uses the assigned sprite's collision mask, so if it isn't set properly, the event will not fire properly as well.

F

fizzog

Check the sprite's properties and make sure that its collision mask is set properly. Chances are this was set to something smaller than it was supposed to be (whether that's by you or a malfunction in the IDE), or to a size that is technically non-existent (as in 0 pixels wide and high). The Mouse Enter event uses the assigned sprite's collision mask, so if it isn't set properly, the event will not fire properly as well.
Thank you Tsuka, this is exactly the problem. The collision mask wasn't at an appropriate size. Though I did check this before addressing my concerns here. My mask is defaulted, which is Automatic. The problem is with the Sprite Editor's defaults when creating a new sprite. The sprite's dimensions are 64x64 with Automatic collision mask. However, the mask on new sprites is 1 pixel in size or no size! I have opened a bug with yoyo. An automatic collision mask should default to the size of the sprite.

Last edited by a moderator: