Discussion Halloween Playlist Suggestions

TheouAegis

I have to build a YouTube playlist of Halloween music. I've got Bill Pickett and Bill Buchanan, Danny Elfman, Rob Zombie, a crap ton of surf rock and rockabilly... But I need more! MORE! MOARRRR!!!! Throw out any ideas you have, don't worry if I already have them in my list (I probably do, though, lol). I'm sure I'm missing a lot of great Halloween party songs.

Edit: I'd really like more Halloween hip hop (I have MC Hammer and Whodini) and some heavier stuff (like metal). I added ICP's Boogie Woogie Wu, but i expect I will get a lot of flak for that (lol).

Last edited:

TheouAegis

the awesome game Halloween Forever has a really cool song if ya into chip tunez

I haven't even heard of that. lol Got me interested.

Icm open to a few instrumentals. I have some surf rock instrumentals, an OCRemix, and considering "Red Eyes" by Zombie Hyperdrive (it has a Castlevania riff near the end). But i'm wary of chiptunes. Still, i will listen to your suggestion. :D

Changgi

Another surf rock fan? Wow! Wasn't expecting that! (We should share some surf rock with each other!)

Well I've built my own playlist on Youtube, but there's also some cool indie/doujin albums I have which wouldn't be on Youtube so I don't get over-reliant on Youtube.

Anyway this was mine, more or less compiled for both myself and my anime fan friends, so there's a considerable amount of Japanese music in there, and less surf than I would have wanted. It's also got a mix of instrumentals and vocal songs.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBxyd_TQCLWGTXLc7AF1JTzlY1KCHM7CG

Last edited:

TheouAegis

Another surf rock fan? Wow! Wasn't expecting that! (We should share some surf rock with each other!)

Well I've built my own playlist on Youtube, but there's also some cool indie/doujin albums I have which wouldn't be on Youtube so I don't get over-reliant on Youtube.

Anyway this was mine, more or less compiled for both myself and my anime fan friends, so there's a considerable amount of Japanese music in there, and less surf than I would have wanted. It's also got a mix of instrumentals and vocal songs.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBxyd_TQCLWGTXLc7AF1JTzlY1KCHM7CG
If I was allowed to put Japanese music on my list, I would have been done by now. LOL my fiancee wouldn't even let me put Tommy heavenly 6 on. :( So no Tommy, no Halloween junky orchestra, nobody else that makes fun music!

LOL thanks for the list I'll look through it tonight.

TheouAegis

Re: "Monster Mash": I didn't want to include multiples of the same song -- either the original or one cover, but not both and not more than one cover. But wow, I'm making an exception for this one! I like the Misfits' version!

Re: Voltaire: Trying to make this list was the first time I heard discovered Voltaire, which also lead me to Creature Feature (you should check them out if you haven't). I already had "Brains"; also had "The Night". I like "When You're Evil" but didn't consider it a halloween party song, personally. Same with DDDDEES. *shrugs* Still like them, though. lol "Then he jabbed me in the schlong..."

(timed out while I go down the YouTube rabbit hole again... in the Halloween punk rock scene now...)

Re: "Your Brains": OMG That was such a fun song! I added it. Dunno where I'll stick it in the final list, but definitely a keeper.

Re: TBM: Haven't heard much by them, although I've heard of them. Saving them for my own listening, not the party. Then again, my list is getting pretty full after tonight's tangents.

Re: the rest: Yay, new stuff to code too! lol

R

Robzoid

I know you said Rob Zombie, but make sure to include White Zombie.

TheouAegis

LOL. I have too many songs and need to cut out 100 of them. Silly YouTube rabbit hole -- 12 hour parties are for kids! :(

My fiancee for some reason prefers the original version of "Party Time" over the Return Of The Living Dead version. I want a second opinion. Which do you guys prefer for my Halloween Party playlist?

Zombie Version

Original Version

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
To leave this monumental Ghostbusters remix album out would be to do all of you a disservice.

Or maybe a service, I can't tell.

Last edited:

TheouAegis

So here's what I eventually settled on. It's way late and I'm sick of YouTube now, so I'm done editing this list. It's organized around hour-long blocks (some blocks are better defined than others) spanning 7 hours, with a 30+minute wind-down at the end. If you notice any videos with a lot of dead air at the end (like, longer than 5 seconds), please let me know.

Also, just a warning, some of the videos contain very graphic violence.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLihDEa0ltcGmPOiP06JDlN2tqZyAuRJYf