Discussion Halloween Playlist Suggestions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheouAegis, Sep 22, 2019.

1. TheouAegis

TheouAegis Member

I have to build a YouTube playlist of Halloween music. I've got Bill Pickett and Bill Buchanan, Danny Elfman, Rob Zombie, a crap ton of surf rock and rockabilly... But I need more! MORE! MOARRRR!!!! Throw out any ideas you have, don't worry if I already have them in my list (I probably do, though, lol). I'm sure I'm missing a lot of great Halloween party songs.

Edit: I'd really like more Halloween hip hop (I have MC Hammer and Whodini) and some heavier stuff (like metal). I added ICP's Boogie Woogie Wu, but i expect I will get a lot of flak for that (lol).

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Changgi and Siolfor the Jackal like this.
  2. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

Admitting to having ICP on your playlist is brave XD
    I'll go through my collection later and see if I have anything worthwhile.

3. woodsmoke

woodsmoke Member

the awesome game Halloween Forever has a really cool song if ya into chip tunez

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  4. Dogwithswords

Dogwithswords Member

5. sitebender

sitebender Member

6. TheouAegis

TheouAegis Member

I haven't even heard of that. lol Got me interested.

Icm open to a few instrumentals. I have some surf rock instrumentals, an OCRemix, and considering "Red Eyes" by Zombie Hyperdrive (it has a Castlevania riff near the end). But i'm wary of chiptunes. Still, i will listen to your suggestion. :D

7. Changgi

Changgi Member

Another surf rock fan? Wow! Wasn't expecting that! (We should share some surf rock with each other!)

Well I've built my own playlist on Youtube, but there's also some cool indie/doujin albums I have which wouldn't be on Youtube so I don't get over-reliant on Youtube.

Anyway this was mine, more or less compiled for both myself and my anime fan friends, so there's a considerable amount of Japanese music in there, and less surf than I would have wanted. It's also got a mix of instrumentals and vocal songs.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBxyd_TQCLWGTXLc7AF1JTzlY1KCHM7CG

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  8. Cantavanda

Cantavanda 〜Flower Prince〜

9. TheouAegis

TheouAegis Member

If I was allowed to put Japanese music on my list, I would have been done by now. LOL my fiancee wouldn't even let me put Tommy heavenly 6 on. :( So no Tommy, no Halloween junky orchestra, nobody else that makes fun music!

LOL thanks for the list I'll look through it tonight.

10. TheouAegis

TheouAegis Member

Re: "Monster Mash": I didn't want to include multiples of the same song -- either the original or one cover, but not both and not more than one cover. But wow, I'm making an exception for this one! I like the Misfits' version!

Re: Voltaire: Trying to make this list was the first time I heard discovered Voltaire, which also lead me to Creature Feature (you should check them out if you haven't). I already had "Brains"; also had "The Night". I like "When You're Evil" but didn't consider it a halloween party song, personally. Same with DDDDEES. *shrugs* Still like them, though. lol "Then he jabbed me in the schlong..."

(timed out while I go down the YouTube rabbit hole again... in the Halloween punk rock scene now...)

Re: "Your Brains": OMG That was such a fun song! I added it. Dunno where I'll stick it in the final list, but definitely a keeper.

Re: TBM: Haven't heard much by them, although I've heard of them. Saving them for my own listening, not the party. Then again, my list is getting pretty full after tonight's tangents.

Re: the rest: Yay, new stuff to code too! lol

Dogwithswords likes this.
  11. Gamebot

Gamebot Member

Wait, you have Boogie Woogie Woo but not House of Horrors?

12. Robzoid

Robzoid Member

I know you said Rob Zombie, but make sure to include White Zombie.