Discussion Half-Life

H

Heat4Life

||| HALF-LIFE Discussion Thread |||
Go ahead and Talk about one of the greatest Video Game of all time named "Half-Life" here on this Thread!
=======================================================================

=======================================================================

Roa

I hate half life two, It's boring, dull, and too many gimmicks get in the way of the game play, devoid of real direction or purpose other than to show case the engine. Too many vast expanses of nothing. Half life 1 was was much much better. Guns felt more natural, there was a sense of atmosphere and isolation traveling around through abandoned/broken/danger infested parts of the facility deep underground with a clear enemy with motives. Level design with purpose. The first game is better in every way save some damage tables on the hardest mode and graphics, and I would even go as far to say half life one's graphics hold up better today for the value of the charm and articulation, where as half life 2 does not, for having overly detailed characters back dropped by washed out textures, flat polygons, and over saturated lighting.

The weapons arn't even good in half life 2, just boring conventional weapons. In half life 1, you get a bug that runs out of your hands and blows up on people and they're so damn cute! Half life 2 is total overrated garbage.

How can you go wrong with this?

Also, CS:GO is the worst multiplayer FPS ever.

You're supposed to start a topic with some purpose and substance for actual discussion. not fire and forget for others to do that for you.

Last edited:

Ninety

Half-Life 2's gameplay was based around the physics engine because it hadn't really been done in a mainstream FPS yet. I'd argue that it was tied very well into the level design and was an integral part of the gameplay rather than just being tacked on.

Personally, it's one of my all-time favourite games.

pixeltroid

I liked HL2's general visual design (the characters, level and object design) as well as the sound design (the Combine radio chatter especially). The FPS portions of the game were good.

What I didn't like were the vehicle levels and the lame "horror" stage (the village filled with headcrab zombies). IMO, they were just pointless and felt out of place in the game. I also didn't like the fact that the games "final boss" battle involved generic gunships that were already seen earlier in the game. And the ending was disappointing too. :/

TehPilot

While the Half-Life series remains on my list of games I should play and have yet to tackle, I'm under the impression it hasn't aged well.

That being said, there's two contexts to consider an older game within: the time in which it was released, and the current time. I (personally) have yet to find anyone who doesn't think Half-Life was revolutionary or outstanding at the time it was released.

jazzzar

I hate half life two, It's boring, dull, and too many gimmicks get in the way of the game play, devoid of real direction or purpose other than to show case the engine. Too many vast expanses of nothing. Half life 1 was was much much better. Guns felt more natural, there was a sense of atmosphere and isolation traveling around through abandoned/broken/danger infested parts of the facility deep underground with a clear enemy with motives. Level design with purpose. The first game is better in every way save some damage tables on the hardest mode and graphics, and I would even go as far to say half life one's graphics hold up better today for the value of the charm and articulation, where as half life 2 does not, for having overly detailed characters back dropped by washed out textures, flat polygons, and over saturated lighting.

The weapons arn't even good in half life 2, just boring conventional weapons. In half life 1, you get a bug that runs out of your hands and blows up on people and they're so damn cute! Half life 2 is total overrated garbage.

How can you go wrong with this?

Also, CS:GO is the worst multiplayer FPS ever.

You're supposed to start a topic with some purpose and substance for actual discussion. not fire and forget for others to do that for you.
i played both HL 1 and HF 2, i still play HL 1 multiplayer sometimes (yes there's still people playing this thing after 17 years), now for the important part, i don't agree with you about HF 2, it's really good in story, gameplay and even graphics (for 2004 games), it was a really great experience for me, i didn't play the multiplayer of it tho, but please ROA STAY AWAY OF CS GO, how come it's the worst fps ever? it's the second most played game in the world after DOTA 2, i don't know what you hate about it, maybe you are noob (haha kidding) but really, it needs some good training, it needs skill, reflexes, tactics and not just hold a gun, run and shoot to win, i have 215 hours on record so yeah, i used to play CS 1.6 and 1.3 too (too much time of my life spent on CS)

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
While the Half-Life series remains on my list of games I should play and have yet to tackle, I'm under the impression it hasn't aged well.
Depends what you mean with "Half-Life". Half-Life 1 hasn't aged well, and has some annoyances. But Half-Life 2 is completely playable and addicting, so it has aged well, because it is outstanding today with no inconveniences because of the time it was released.

F

frog

I want to make a FPS set in an underground bunker, inspired 85% by Half Life. I like crawling in vents and when enemies separate into chunks. Also, the HEV suit... it talks to me, and it's like a voice in my head that's just looking out for me but isn't really clingy.

jazzzar

I want to make a FPS set in an underground bunker, inspired 85% by Half Life. I like crawling in vents and when enemies separate into chunks. Also, the HEV suit... it talks to me, and it's like a voice in my head that's just looking out for me but isn't really clingy.
voices in my head, i remembered eminem lol :p

Roa

Glad you aren't a professional game critic, then.

Half Life 1 is the worst multiplayer FPS ever, besides one that was made on the GMC.
Nah, I'm better and I figure my opinion matters more cause I don't just follow hype trains of expected popular opinions nor am I blinded by nostalgia when I critique a game, I usually do it very thoroughly. I follow critical reasoning. I didn't even say I liked it for the multiplayer, I was mostly talking about the single player and presentation. Multiplayer isn't that good of any of those games.

Roa

Critical reasoning shmeasoning. CS GO is the best multiplayer fps there is. And half life2 has great single player.
I literally can't stand it. Not only is it vavle's worst game, but probably one the worst multiplayer FPS experiences you can get, and the sheer fact that it has E-sports and is always center stage on steam, with millions of players blows my mind. It gives me brain tumors. It's like people are attracted to complete drivel. (I know this much because that's how every halo game gets ruined the longer it goes on).

A game that boast tactics that is completely devoid of any strategy, where people go lone wolf, run down focused corridors over and over, and randomly die based on what weapon they come across and who can see who first because the network interpolation in source is god awful and the kill times are stupidly short in order to respond to anything. Every single match people will converge on the same point and fight in the exact same very specific areas over and over and over because the map design doesn't lend itself to open game options of control. People just run until they reach the center, then its corner clip city or taking a gamble on bunny hops in the same point of the match, literally every game of every lobby ever.

Then the weapon balance is a complete joke. Everyone always picks the same few weapons once they can because some weapons right out out class most others leaving half the arsenal in the game pointless.

Then maps recycle over and over because mindless repetition is the name of the game, heaven forbid people vote for a different map, so you don't even get to see 80% of the maps because a terrible voting system vs shuffling the maps. The map design is so no-integral that you could easily replace every map with a giant open room with a cube in the center and just look around the cube's corners for a kill. You would get most of the fidelity of the game.

It requires even less thinking than COD, a game that is not afraid to market itself as "dumb fun" and inst dishonest about it either. The only real skill in the game is learning the timing of when people will poke around corners and which weapons are the most meta. I payed 10 bucks for it and that was still too much. Once you've played 6-8 matches, you've seen everything the game has to offer.

If I want tactics, I'll go play ghost recon. if I want player skill, I'll go play halo or unreal.

I tell you dude. I've had more fun playing army men, dark watch, and metroid prime 2 echo's multiplayer. CS:GO is complete 💩💩💩💩. Mindless, joyless, 💩💩💩💩. The fact that it has such a cult following to this day blows me away. I guess because people remember the original, or because vavle is lord and savoir or something? Maybe people have bad taste and don't like games where players can comeback in an ambush like in halo? Idk, I hate it though.

Last edited:
F

frog

Nah, I'm better and I figure my opinion matters more cause I don't just follow hype trains of expected popular opinions nor am I blinded by nostalgia when I critique a game, I usually do it very thoroughly. I follow critical reasoning. I didn't even say I liked it for the multiplayer, I was mostly talking about the single player and presentation. Multiplayer isn't that good of any of those games.
I made a really critical review of Half Life after playing it. Initially, I bashed the slippery controls, slow pace, sketchy shooting mechanics and to me it was clear that it was just nostalgia that made it "the greatest game ever made". In fact, even after beating it... I didn't really see the greatness of it. I played it a second time and I'm currently "On The Rails". I dunno. The best part of it is crawling around and shooting aliens. The story was never superb. Gordon Freeman is a blank face. I really liked the part where the U.S. government decides to kill everyone. That was pretty much scarily realistic.

It is a very unique kind of game, Bioshock is the same kind of game. Story-heavy, oddly immersive. It's a game. A pretty interesting one. I picked it up on sale and it was worth every penny.

Then I played Half Life 2... and it was crap and I got a refund.

Roa

I made a really critical review of Half Life after playing it. Initially, I bashed the slippery controls, slow pace, sketchy shooting mechanics and to me it was clear that it was just nostalgia that made it "the greatest game ever made". In fact, even after beating it... I didn't really see the greatness of it. I played it a second time and I'm currently "On The Rails". I dunno. The best part of it is crawling around and shooting aliens. The story was never superb. Gordon Freeman is a blank face. I really liked the part where the U.S. government decides to kill everyone. That was pretty much scarily realistic.

It is a very unique kind of game, Bioshock is the same kind of game. Story-heavy, oddly immersive. It's a game. A pretty interesting one. I picked it up on sale and it was worth every penny.

Then I played Half Life 2... and it was crap and I got a refund.
Yeah, I don't get it either. Half life 2 is boring. The only reason I bothered to finish it was so fanboys couldn't say dumb 💩💩💩💩 like "I bet you didnt even beat the game" and "you have to finish it to make an opinion at all"

M

Misty

I can't even with this.

According to you, going to a picnic, eating a sandwich and looking at fine art is "boring", why because it doesn't have 360 bpm japanese anime music and 3000 objects on screen at once.

As for CS:GO
Dude, I know you are either trolling or full of beans.

Army Men? MP2 Echoes Multiplayer? Ghost Recon? HALO???? Freakin HALO???? Better than CS GO? :confused::eek:

Sheer trolling and crazytalk.
MP2 had great campaign but its MP was unpolished.
Halo got old after 1 year.
Ghost Recon? You got to be kidding me. It's fun to play but not that addicting.

This guy is litterally saying Dust2 has no strategy and is the same as a map with nothing but a cube....total loon-acy.

Only reason the weapon balance is off is because of Negev being OP.

Roa

I can't even with this.

According to you, going to a picnic, eating a sandwich and looking at fine art is "boring", why because it doesn't have 360 bpm japanese anime music and 3000 objects on screen at once.
What??

Also

I'm completely serious lol. Halo has longer kill times, weapons effect health and shields differently requiring different tactics. Different weapons have different levels of map control in a given situation, and the you won't be instantly killed upon being seen, you can turn and fight back or even get away to fight another day. Halo has an easy entry point, but its hard to master, and rewards player's actions, not weapons, not line of sight, or random numbers on gun spread. The map design in halo also compliments the weapons. Power weapons are in dangerous or key holding spots, the amount of convergence points are not forced, and how you navigate the map comes from a fact of how much map control your current load out provides. Halo is one of the pinnacles of multiplayer, given some off weapon balances in some cases in some of the games. (looking at you reach: banshee bombs, DMR after no bloom patch, and weak ass assault rifle).

Dust 2 isn't a bad map, mostly anyways, it just doesn't work in CS:GO because convergence points are all the same and weapons kill too quickly. I'm saying that with how the mechanics compliment the maps, it might as well be a cube in a room. It would play the same. The only reason people do like that map is because it does have more options than the rest, but its still not enough to keep repetition down.

Also, I'm talking about the original ghost recons, not the reboots.

Last edited:
F

frog

Yeah, I don't get it either. Half life 2 is boring. The only reason I bothered to finish it was so fanboys couldn't say dumb **** like "I bet you didnt even beat the game" and "you have to finish it to make an opinion at all"
Haha. Actually, I had a guy tell me that unless I read the entire wiki and all of the related lore that I couldn't possibly understand how brilliant and nuanced HL2 was. What a load of crap. Who cares. HL2 felt silly somehow unfun, despite its more serious treatment of the storytelling and all the imaginative stuff, it was boring. I just kept wanting to say "siiigh... okay, I geet it. This is the intro part. Siigh... okay, I geeet it already. These are my friends. Jesus... okay... I get it, the bad guys want me dead and I have to escape them. Jesus I get it. There's physics. Cool, I stacked barrels. Uggghhhh...." I remember I was done when there was this part where I was in water, and I was outdoors in an HEV suit and I was just like... the HEV suit was because I was in a space lab. The crowbar was because I had to break a window. WTF am I actually doing right now? This makes no sense and is dumb. And I quit.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Yeah, I see that you're not blinded by hype or nostalgia, that's very good. I am not either. But I have to say, your opinion on Half-Life 2 is ridicilous, with critical reasoning, but BAD reasoning. I do not objectively agree at all. But I really prefer a wrong opinion with (bad) reasoning and (wrong but) solid arguments then someone who likes it with no solid reasons.
Half-Life 2 is amazing. The graphics hold up today, the gameplay is VERY smooth. The game did showcase the engine a lot, but that was not in the way at all of the gameplay, in fact, it made it more interesting. It relied on SOLID physics puzzles in some levels to make the gameplay more varied and interestings, like for example the part where you have to go through a huge zombie graveyard, and there's sharp objects everywhere to throw, just one of many examples. To quote/reform you, "there was a vast sense of atmosphere and isolation traveling around through the abondoned canals/cities/grassplanes/etc". The level design is also so good, each landscape blends in perfectly with the previous, there's enough vertical gameplay, and oh my god, let's not forget that AMAZING bridge section, I still get goosebumps when I think about it. It is true that the story remains full of questions and mystery throughout the game, you never really know WHAT you want to do, but because the gameplay is so amazing, that transforms into desire to find out, instead of boredom. The guns are not that bland, they're not standard RL guns you get in all other games, they're variations on RL guns, they look unique. If you can look over the black metal textures and normal bullets, you can see that the guns are original and memorable.
Half-Life 1 has a lot of things in common, but still feels different, and I mean different in a good way. Most of the guns are like HL2, but it has some amazing original guns, so the guns in HL1 are better in general. The atmosphere is amazing, but different. I can't say which one I prefer. The story/motivation is clearer, which is again, not better/worse objectively, just different. The graphics are still fun to look at for this time, but I wish it had 1920x1080, I don't remember it having that. HL1 also used all kinds of technological-for-that-time gimmicks to enhance the gameplay.

So yeah, both are extremely good, but different. HL2 is more in depression and desolation, outside, with decaying human structures, HL1 is more terror, horror and isolation, in industrial landscapes. It's really your preference of these two that matters, because both, have good, varied and interesting gameplay. And I personally prefer just the one that fits my mood, it often changes.

Oh yes, I have over 160 hours in Half-Life 1, over 100 in the "Black Mesa" remake, and over 150 hours in Half-Life 2. Having replayed all of them a few times, and Half-Life 1 was my first game on Steam (w/ Gmod), and remained one of my only PC games for quite a while, so don't go telling me to remove my nostalgia glasses, or that I don't know enough!

jazzzar

What??

Also

I'm completely serious lol. Halo has longer kill times, weapons effect health and shields differently requiring different tactics. Different weapons have different levels of map control in a given situation, and the you won't be instantly killed upon being seen, you can turn and fight back or even get away to fight another day. Halo has an easy entry point, but its hard to master, and rewards player's actions, not weapons, not line of sight, or random numbers on gun spread. The map design in halo also compliments the weapons. Power weapons are in dangerous or key holding spots, the amount of convergence points are not forced, and how you navigate the map comes from a fact of how much map control your current load out provides. Halo is one of the pinnacles of multiplayer, given some off weapon balances in some cases in some of the games. (looking at you reach: banshee bombs, DMR after no bloom patch, and weak ass assault rifle).

Dust 2 isn't a bad map, mostly anyways, it just doesn't work in CS:GO because convergence points are all the same and weapons kill too quickly. I'm saying that with how the mechanics compliment the maps, it might as well be a cube in a room. It would play the same. The only reason people do like that map is because it does have more options than the rest, but its still not enough to keep repetition down.

Also, I'm talking about the original ghost recons, not the reboots.
For the weapons kill two quickly, THAT alone needs skill, how come every game is the same? NO, every game is different than the others, team strategies differs, people you play against or with have different skills, the game need REAL SKILLS, try playing against a pro of any team, you will have no chance, if you're noob even with an ak-47 you will find yourself spraying like crazy to even hit the enemy with one shot, the AWP needs high reflex and speed, nothing kills easily if you do not know how to use it

Roa

Yeah, I see that you're not blinded by hype or nostalgia, that's very good. I am not either. But I have to say, your opinion on Half-Life 2 is ridicilous, with critical reasoning, but BAD reasoning. I do not objectively agree at all. But I really prefer a wrong opinion with (bad) reasoning and (wrong but) solid arguments then someone who likes it with no solid reasons.
everything we say is subjective. It could be argued either way till the cows come home. What it really comes down to is who can present their ideas better. I'm kinda good at that lol.

Half-Life 2 is amazing. The graphics hold up today, the gameplay is VERY smooth. The game did showcase the engine a lot, but that was not in the way at all of the gameplay, in fact, it made it more interesting. It relied on SOLID physics puzzles in some levels to make the gameplay more varied and interestings, like for example the part where you have to go through a huge zombie graveyard, and there's sharp objects everywhere to throw, just one of many examples.
Interesting solid physics? You mean like....

...this teeter totter

And this teeter totter

and this teeter totter?

Moving and finding milk cartons, rusted cars and cinder blocks really improved the experience for me.

To quote/reform you, "there was a vast sense of atmosphere and isolation traveling around through the abondoned canals/cities/grassplanes/etc". The level design is also so good, each landscape blends in perfectly with the previous, there's enough vertical gameplay, and oh my god,
You mean this atomosphere?
Expance with debri in a vally.

And this expanse with overcast and a creek bed

And this pointless ill lit concrete dungeon?

What about that cool creek be filled with debri in the CITY with over cast? Ehh change of pace?

and for the highest ambition: a lifeless carboard city

you never really know WHAT you want to do, but because the gameplay is so amazing, that transforms into desire to find out, instead of boredom.
I'm glad that works for you, but going checkpoint to checkpoint along a path with no reason just because its the only way to go is not a good drive for me. I felt like the whole ordeal was a museum trip through source land. It didnt make me inqusitive. It made it feel like a serious of hoops to jump through and almost a chore.

The guns are not that bland, they're not standard RL guns you get in all other games, they're variations on RL guns, they look unique. If you can look over the black metal textures and normal bullets, you can see that the guns are original and memorable.

Most of the guns are like HL2, but it has some amazing original guns,
Oh come on now. You main the game with what is clearly a spas-12, a generic ass .357 magnum, a 9mm that looks like its from helker and koch. The only 2 weapons that are not complete rip offs of over used tropes are the custom pulse rifle and the gravity gun. Everything else is a s common as dirt. I could find free models of those from the unity store. That's how iconic they are lol. half life 1 had you ripping aliens arms off with biological weapons, and throwing mites that act as home in explosives, laser mines, and particle accelerators. They're not even in the same ballpark lol.

Its clear they have different tones, but I can't stand the whole grim dark soviet Russian parallels. I couldn't even follow a story for 2. Something about leaving the city cause they want Gordan, but then he has to go back because of a tower neutering people with TV or something, then the chick gets hurt or something and the aliens unite with you for some reason. I seriously can't even remember because it just never engaged me and it got lost in transition.

In half life 1, you start the experiment, experiment goes wrong. You need to evac and reach the surface to request help, requested help ends up being a cleanup hit squad, have to reach a satellite to stop the cascade. Army assholes shoot it down, so then you have to go to the lambda labs and go to the alien home world, where you must close the source of the cascade on their side, all while going through smaller complexes that have their own needs and tiny stories. Labs that have survivors that are willing to help you. Giant reactors that need to be power on to remove standby settings, finding and activating abandoned tram systems in the complex to avoid the military's main patrol, getting caught in alien's holding cells trying to find a way out. Everything you do in that game has purpose. Half life 2, you're wandering around on coast lines and following train tracks because...... I have no 💩💩💩💩ing idea lmao? Going through a parking deck, speed boating through a derelict industrial canal for 1.5 hours, and zombie town set piece sure ties it together lol.

Don't take any of this personal.

Idk. I don't hate it, like its unplayable or anything. I just don't see it being nearly as remarkable as people claim. It's mediocre at best, tedious at worst and to me, not worth more than one play through.

Last edited:

Roa

double posting because message limits.

For the weapons kill two quickly, THAT alone needs skill, how come every game is the same? NO, every game is different than the others, team strategies differs, people you play against or with have different skills, the game need REAL SKILLS, try playing against a pro of any team, you will have no chance, if you're noob even with an ak-47 you will find yourself spraying like crazy to even hit the enemy with one shot, the AWP needs high reflex and speed, nothing kills easily if you do not know how to use it
I have quite literally never seen team work in this game ever. People just sprint in the direction of their choice full on charge alone and see what happens. Just people dying in the same hallways on a map every time. Camping the same places every time. I find twitch reaction shooters completely boring. There is still a lot of random play to the weapons and it just doesn't have that sense of real accomplishment. I could go play quake or tribes for a twitch shooter too and it would have far more substance.

You can have pros in anything. That doesn't mean that the game still has high skill requirements or variety. That just means someone mastered what was there. Again, half the battle is finding out the meta. You would never get away with stuff like that in halo or unreal or quake.

This is not fun for me-->

M

Misty

I do not objectively agree at all. But I really prefer a wrong opinion with (bad) reasoning and (wrong but) solid arguments then someone who likes it with no solid reasons.
I am not bothering to use logic and reason against someone who is telling me 2+2=5.

He is litterally telling me that CS:GO requires no teamwork, and HALO requires more teamwork....When it is the exact opposite...CSGO requires teamwork and strategy, IT IS KNOWN AND FAMOUS for it's team work and strategy, HALO is a run and gun...
Then he is saying "halo is good" cuz longer kill times...
That's not even true, Halo has more consistent kill times which makes it more repetitive and boring. In halo its You get a kill, then you get killed, get a kill - then get killed - there is less fun factor. In CS:GO you can often escape death, rack up kills using skill, and clutch it.

Then he posts a couple pics of what he views as ghetto looking buildings, telling me half-life 2 has no atmosphere, when it is one of the most atmospheric games ever made besides Metroid Prime 1 and 2.
He is literally saying 2+2=5

Roa

I am not bothering to use logic and reason against someone who is telling me 2+2=5.

He is litterally telling me that CS:GO requires no teamwork, and HALO requires more teamwork....When it is the exact opposite...CSGO requires teamwork and strategy, IT IS KNOWN AND FAMOUS for it's team work and strategy, HALO is a run and gun...
Then he is saying "halo is good" cuz longer kill times...
That's not even true, Halo has more consistent kill times which makes it more repetitive and boring. In halo its You get a kill, then you get killed, get a kill - then get killed - there is less fun factor. In CS:GO you can often escape death, rack up kills using skill, and clutch it.

Then he posts a couple pics of what he views as ghetto looking buildings, telling me half-life 2 has no atmosphere, when it is one of the most atmospheric games ever made besides Metroid Prime 1 and 2.
He is literally saying 2+2=5
lol wait, what?

I never mentioned a word about halo having team play. I just said CS:GO doesn't really work out with team play. All I see are dumb charges every match. if I even try to use the mic, I just get called a faggot or the N word. The only escape in CS:GO is if the person is too far before he starts praying and spraying. 2-3 hits of most machine guns are a kill dude, some even one shoting. You don't just walk away from someone firing at you lmao. You don't escape anything in CS:GO. There is no reason to escape. You don't get health back. It doesn't put you in a weapons advantage situation. It's kill or be killed then and there. Dude, you understand these games are mechanically polar opposites right?

What I did say about halo is that the map design compliments the weapons because use of weapons is conditional and how you travel the map depends on how ballsy you are with your load out. You don't have intersections of conflicts where are pretty much the only places fire fights happen like in CS:GO. That's not even debatable, that's just the nature of the game by design alone. CS:GO is not designed for map control concepts. In fact, it actively fights it. That's why there are favorites like the AUG and AK, its a linear progression. There is no advantage to switching to something like a pistol or shotgun out of the blue unless its to keep yourself from going board.

Also, if you think halo is run n gun, you're probably bad at halo. ( goes without saying if its a tug of war constantly ) Don't confuse pick up and play with run n gun. Huge difference.
Halo does have longer kill times and that directly reflects on the weapon design stemming from map control. Weapon advantages and disadvantages can be accounted for within the kill time limit of most weapons and you are able to come out of every player interaction with a chance of turning the tables. That's the whole premise of the game lol. The weapons are all very finely tuned for playing a certain way and its all about putting the current situation in your advantage.

Also, super metroid is more atmospheric than both primes ;)

M

Misty

lol wait, what?

I never mentioned a word about halo having team play. I just said CS:GO doesn't really work out with team play. All I see are dumb charges every match. if I even try to use the mic, I just get called a faggot or the N word.
Sounds to me you are put in scrub lobbies, not real CS:GO lobbies with competent players, probably because it measures your skill level as 0.

The only escape in CS:GO is if the person is too far before he starts praying and spraying. 2-3 hits of most machine guns are a kill dude
, What are you even talking about? With armor it takes 4 body hits with the ak if they are standing still, but more like 5 or 6 due to lag actually.

some even one shoting. You don't just walk away from someone firing at you lmao. You don't escape anything in CS:GO. There is no reason to escape. You don't get health back. It doesn't put you in a weapons advantage situation. It's kill or be killed then and there. Dude, you understand these games are mechanically polar opposites right?
Dude you're obviously are terrible at the game and have no experience. I've seen guys with 10 hp clutch it, because that's the type of game it is - A Solid Snake Tactical Military Action kind of game that relies on outsmarting your foes.
FYI I have played Halo for 5 years, CS:GO For 2 years. You probably played CS:GO for 2 minutes...

What I did say about halo is that the map design compliments the weapons because use of weapons is conditional and how you travel the map depends on how ballsy you are with your load out. You don't have intersections of conflicts where are pretty much the only places fire fights happen like in CS:GO. That's not even debatable, that's just the nature of the game by design alone. CS:GO is not designed for map control concepts. In fact, it actively fights it. That's why there are favorites like the AUG and AK, its a linear progression. There is no advantage to switching to something like a pistol or shotgun out of the blue unless its to keep yourself from going board.
Clearly you have no real understanding of CS:GO. Because the whole game revolves around map control concepts. In fact it is key to winning certain areas, depending on what route and room your teammates are/chose to go to it will change the whole game.
And you don't even know anything about the guns in the game. The Mag7 shotgun can kill the entire team in 1 shot kills.
And pistols are a backup weapon, but Dual Berretas can easily wipe out an entire squad. It is a back up weapon, "no advantage to switching to pistol" tells me you don't understand the basics of combat..you switch to pistol to save on reload time in the middle of combat..

Also, if you think halo is run n gun, you're probably bad at halo. ( goes without saying if its a tug of war constantly ) Don't confuse pick up and play with run n gun. Huge difference.
HALO IS A RUN AND GUN. THE DEVELOPERS SAID IT IS>
The game is..spawn, run and find the nearest supergun, then kill as many as you can before you die...And no this doesn't make me a bad player, this is how you get to the top of the leaderboards lol!
Halo does have longer kill times and that directly reflects on the weapon design stemming from map control. Weapon advantages and disadvantages can be accounted for within the kill time limit of most weapons and you are able to come out of every player interaction with a chance of turning the tables. That's the whole premise of the game lol.
Nah its about...spawn, kill, die, rinse and repeat. Like a basketball game..constant tug of war is all it is. Its like, never ending jousting. There's no strategy. Halo=basketball/jousting/hardly any strategy...CS GO=football/strategy. FYI I am vegetarian so I don't even like football culture, but I appreciate strategy.

Also, super metroid is more atmospheric than both primes ;)
More delusional ramblings...Super metroid doesn't even have a Scan visor...it has hardly any narrative...And it only has a few memorable tunes, that aren't HD, and Prime has more original tunes plus HD improvements of the super metroid tunes...(yes Many Musical Remixes are worse than the original, but Prime's musical remixes aren't.) Prime also has HD 3d graphics which are more immersive and atmospheric than 2d flatlands worlds...

I am not wasting my time any further with this conversation. I have career opportunities to investigate.

Roa

lmao. Oh you! Obstinance is thy name isn't it? I'm almost convinced you'll say anything without basis.

You're probably that guy that picks up the shotgun and sword and runs around with it out for people to see.

RujiK

I remember watching my dad play the original half life when I was 9-12 or so and I thought it was crazy scary. The beginning was hilarious with all the buttons you could press and, as a 12 year old, I thought it was the greatest game ever. ...The M rating may have been a big bias though. I was cool cuz I played M rated game.

I also loved HL2 due to the gravity gun and the "Floor is lava" part with the bugs. Episodes 1 & 2 were not as good as the others but still okay.

M

Misty

lmao. Oh you! Obstinance is thy name isn't it? I'm almost convinced you'll say anything without basis.

You're probably that guy that picks up the shotgun and sword and runs around with it out for people to see.
Why would I use the shotgun and sword? Both are close range. I'd be using the Rocket Launcher and sword (sword is better than shotgun.)

you'll say anything without basis
I think you made a typo. What you meant to say, was I'll saying anything without bias.

T

Tirous

Says everyone that's **** at CS:GO :rolleyes:
CSGO is like valves other competitive online games, like DOTA2, great as a video game, not so great as a online community...

TF2 is the only real exception, and mainly as that game(ironically) doesnt punish you vary much for not bothering to play as a team

Roa

Says everyone that's **** at CS:GO :rolleyes:
Can I just be average and hate it? lol. I thought I gave some good reasons but ehh.. to each their own.

You said yourself in another post you are confused, so must be confused about this as well, as well as confused about Half Life1,2 and CSGO.
It wasn't confused as In I don't know whats going. It was in a joking manner when you had the most catastrophic failure of an oxymoron, claiming a group should be recognized and respect, and then in the same sentence that if they weren't here then how can we view them as entertainment lmao.