Hail Impossible Mission!!!!

Hi Folks,

I'm programming a jump 'n' run game. I'm in the final steps before publishing. But there is something I want to realize:

I was strongly influented by Impossible Mission by Epyx, 1984 on Commodore 64. In the final level of my first game chapter machines start to have their own will. And they start a rebellion. It's a funny game. Now I'd like to put one lightning spitting droid of Impossible Mission into my game, just to salute for that game I still love so much!

But I don't wanna do it without asking the proprietor of rights of Imp. Mission. Does anybody know the actual proprietor of rights? And how to get in contact with that person/institution?

Epyx doesn't exist anymore! *Sigh*
Thank you for your help.
Archie.

Great to see another fan of that classic game. (i still have my Commodore, and copy of that game...)
as for who own the IP rights, my guess is a company in the UK named "System3" ( system3 . com )
seeing as that they made the remake for the: Wii / PSP / PSN / DS / PS2

Bechard.

Last edited:
C

Catastrophe

Are you selling your game? If not, just do it. If you are, I'd alter the sprite a bit so it's a clear homage but not a copy. Whoever holds the rights will not want to be bothered 35 years later, trust me.

Great to see another fan of that classic game. (i still have my Commodore, and copy of that game...)
as for who own the IP rights, my guess is a company in the UK named "System3" ( system3 . com )
seeing as that they made the remake for the: Wii / PSP / PSN / DS / PS2

Bechard.
Thanks for your information!

But I think, the Cathastrophe-guy is right with his opinion. I`ll try to modify the droids a bit, hope that wouldn´t awake any dogs of right circumstances.
And... I always make a bow for all c64-survivors. I´ve still got my c64 (I) and the peripherals too - everything ´s still working. But many floppy disks doesn´t
work anymore - no wonder... after 30 years and more... they start to dissolve. :oops:

But fortunately the c64 mini and PC-functional emulators are given by big hearted programmers to the world!
Impossible Mission is still my favourite game - I additionally liked Han Solo is the avatar of that game! ;)
So... why didn´t Walt Disney turned that coin to buy the rights of Imp. Mission and put some of those Droids
into the new episodes or the remake of the old Star Wars Saga?!? Or at least into "Wreckit-Ralph"...

That won´t be answered. *Sigh*
Thank you again and "stay forever!". ;)

Archie