• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Had a power outage mid-compile, now the game won't compile at all.

hdarren

Rather unfortunately I had a power outage that turned off my computer in the middle of GM2 compiling the game as I tried to run it. After rebooting the machine and I loaded up GM2 again and clicked Run. It gave a compile error which I then fixed (it seemed like a few lines from the end of an object's Alarm event had been deleted). I then clicked Run again and it seems to fail.

This is the Output log. Would appreciate any help on this. Really hope the entire project isn't screwed. 😭

Code:
//log redacted

Last edited:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Does any other project compile properly, or is this just about this project?

Does an older backup of the project compile properly?

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
First of all, copypaste all your backup files to a separate folder so they don't get overwritten by your attempts to fix the project.

Second, try cleaning the compiler cache and then compile again (the error makes it sound like some files GM uses behind the scenes got corrupted). If this works, good, you fixed it.

Third, try loading another project and compile that. If that also fails, GM itself got corrupted and you'll need to uninstall / reinstall it.