• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Hack n Slash nameless RPG (videos included)

T

ToasterTub

Hello all! I wanted to post a game I've been working on for almost a month now and need to get some much needed feedback! Let me know what you think. Im going to be adding player attributes soon, and start working on classes.

I'm looking for someone to join me also, if anyone is interested I'm looking for a pixel artist. I can only offer a "revshare" model with an even split. I'm hoping to get a fun little team together to make it a full fledged and fun game.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

darthlupi

Hey man, your pixel art makes me happy, but I understand the desire to make it shine.

I really like what you pulled off with the walking below the other platform effect. I was surprised by that in the first video.
I hope to see this progress! Consider it watched!

T

ToasterTub

Yeah, I've been trying to slow down and put more effort into my art lately.

Thank you! That was pretty simple, just duplicate the first bridge and have a trigger in the middle turn its visibility on or off depending on where the player goes.

D

Deleted member 467

Looks pretty smooth for a month of work, nice job OP.

T

ToasterTub

I've made the first song for the game so far. Shown in the video is the current title screen so far.

Some of the changes since I've first posted.

Added player ability points,
critical hit chance,
critical hit damage,
dodge chance,
changed player to a different species,
made first boss,
working on save system (Only inventory items save so far),
and tons more that I've forgotten by now.

D

darthlupi

I feel like it needs a little something something in the bg of that song like a little continuous piano roll or something.
I like the feel of floating background stuff on the title too! I think it would benefit from some shards that were in the far bg smaller and more faded to the bg color.

The font is a little tough to read for the title too, but the over all early stage is going in awesome directions!

T

ToasterTub

I feel like it needs a little something something in the bg of that song like a little continuous piano roll or something.
I like the feel of floating background stuff on the title too! I think it would benefit from some shards that were in the far bg smaller and more faded to the bg color.

The font is a little tough to read for the title too, but the over all early stage is going in awesome directions!
Those were great ideas! Thank you for the pointers. I haven't played with the song yet but I did throw some more crystals in there.

I was trying to find a way to make the title have "dungeon" within Dungem since it's really just one line separating them, I'll be remaking the title image at some point, when I can think of a better way to write it out.