Free Hab-ATTACK, an adorable dash-don't-die platformer (Free on Windows & Mac)

Fermenter Games is excited to present Hab-ATTACK, an adorable dash-don’t-die platformer.

Itch.io game page: https://fermenter.itch.io/hab-attack
Official page: http://www.fermentergames.com/hab-attack

You play as a LEAF GRL working to rid her world of pollutant monsters, yick! Protect your world alone or with a friend! Pick up sunlight orbs and dash into enemies before you run out of power! Can you survive the onslaught of baddies? SAVE THE PLANET and KICK SOME POLLUTANT BUTT!

ALSO, you can choose to play against a friend in a head-to-head fight to the death! Who will be the best leaf on the block?

Features:
  • Solo, Co-op, or Versus game modes for up to 2 players
  • Ultra juicy gameplay inspired by Towerfall and Downwell
  • Gamepad support and/or keyboard support for 2 players
  • Adorable art inspired by Rugrats
  • Bumpin tunes to smash baddies to
  • All sound effects made by our mouths PEW PEW PEW
  • Eco-friendly development: all profits will be spent on plants and salad

This is the first game collaboration between myself and Meg Armstrong, my wife (and best friend AAAWWWW). I’m super proud of both of us, and it’s been really rad seeing Meg’s art come to life in this game.

Hab-ATTACK is out now on Windows and Mac for FREE on itch.io.

Cheers,
Andrew

V

Viper

Very good concept.
Overall, here is my opinion:

-- -- -- --

What I like:
- multi-kill bounce-off
- wall-jump
- half-buoyant static platforms (those in the air)
- health/dash/multi-kill bars and their placement
- unique GUI

What I don't like:
- it takes long for GAME OVER screen to accept my inputs
- no pause system
- no additional (or small amount of) health while playing
- unlimited jumping in the top-left/right corners

What I am neutral about:
- graphics (platforms seem a bit blurred while background and player-characters seem a bit pixelated)
- game's name

A strong 7/10 for this in-development game of it's genre.

-- -- -- --

I'd think about adding a pause system with options like Settings (with normal and other options like resolution, graphics), Help, Exit etc...
Maybe some different modes like Story and Hardmode. A level-editor based on code (save levels as code for easy share, with temporary backup), otherwise then SMM-like in-game system which requires internet connection and accounts in which you can do everything in-game. I expect more characters and NPCs, backgrounds, a lot of levels to progress and dangerous platforms as well, for which the only safety is multi-killing and staying in the air. :)

Last edited by a moderator: