• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free GunDown, a twin-stick shooter rogue-lite about collecting treasure and proving yourself a hero.

What is it?
-GunDown is a twin-stick shooter rogue-lite about collecting treasure and proving yourself a hero available free for Windows.

What's in it?
-Procedurally generated maps.
-5 unique worlds with their own sets of enemies.
-5 challenging bosses.
-A collection of creative weapons and items to choose from.
-A shop.
-2 playable characters with different strengths and weaknesses.
-Keyboard and Xbox controller support.
-Plus more!

Where can I download it?
-The game is available on itch.io!

Which should I download?
– I recommend the launcher. With it you can automatically download every update I release (stored in C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Local\Updater). Otherwise, you will have to come here and manually direct download every update off of the website. This includes new bug fixes, balance changes, and new content. However, if you are having any problems with the launcher, I would recommend then just direct downloading the game. I will be posting a change-log for updates at gundowndevlog.wordpress.com. So check there for new updates if you don't use the launcher.

Windows Defender Smartscreen does not recognize your game.
-
GunDown is not a dangerous program, just an unrecognized one. When the pop up is displayed, click "More Info" and then "Run Anyway". (Toby Fox's Deltarune even had this problem.)
upload_2019-7-18_9-11-46.png

I found a bug.
-Lovely. Please report it to me at [email protected] or on this thread
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are getting an error while downloading the game through the launcher, please re-download the launcher and try again. I have fixed the issue.

Feedback is appreciated!

Happy playing!
~Gravityhamster

Last edited:
Reactions: KPJ
Haha! Yeah. It kinda depends on how you play the game. I played frantically in parts of the trailer and so frantic gameplay you get!
Thanks for checking it out!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are getting an error while downloading the game through the launcher, please re-download the launcher and try again. I have fixed the issue.

Fixed still more bugs. Apologies for the glitches. I believe that when I updated to Gamemaker v1.4.9999, it introduced some bugs I was unaware of. Then when I fixed those bugs I made a mistake that caused a crash on starting a run (or the tutorial, I suspect). XP Update for that should be live shortly.