• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GUI Layer

I'm only spit balling here but now we have layers I'd like to see the GUI event represented in the room editor. Possibly as a layer type that could have it's width, height and location set. I envision this much the way views are represented now but any instances placed on the GUI layer would be bind to the GUI and not it's world position. Instances in this layer would also have it's draw event automatically disabled rending only in the GUI event by default.

I like to work visually and it would be nice to layout any HUD or GUI components in the editor and not just placed in code.

gnysek

Put on layer instances which have only draw gui event, while putting empty code into normal draw, and they will draw on same position as in room editor. This is not exactly what you want (having proper gui on layers), but close to. I think that feature on roadmap named "mobile templates" may be a kind of what you want.

Thanks I already do something similar. I do wish the room editor was a live rendering though, rather than just a representation of an objects position. Have to see what 2.1.4 brings it should be out soon.

gnysek

They were mentioning also adding text directly on layers (a text layer), so this may also be connected to making GUI in room editor (although in my opinion it should be just new type of resource, as GUI could be shared between levels - however that may be also possible with rooms inheritance?) - we'll see in future, hope they gonna do something nice about this, for now we need to stick with current possibilities.