• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Groups and their assets change and duplicate upon opening a project back up.

AetherBones

I like to keep my assets organized. But inside the Objects group it won't stay organized. Sometimes when opening the project there will be a duplicate group with all the assets duplicated in there. I have to restart in hopes that will fix it. If I move a group to be inside another, often it wont stick upon reopening the project. This has been a bug since 2.3 beta that I've reported but it doesn't seem like the devs have addressed it. Does anyone have any tricks I can use to remedy this situation. It feels like it's going to corrupt my project down the line and I don't feel comfortable working with gm currently.

Previously when having the issue, renaming the groups seemed to fix it. but that no longer seems to be the case.

Last edited:

murchie85

I like to keep my assets organized. But inside the Objects group it won't stay organized. Sometimes when opening the project there will be a duplicate group with all the assets duplicated in there. I have to restart in hopes that will fix it. If I move a group to be inside another, often it wont stick upon reopening the project. This has been a bug since 2.3 beta that I've reported but it doesn't seem like the devs can/are willing to fix it. Does anyone have any tricks I can use to remedy this situation. It feels like it's going to corrupt my project down the line and I don't feel comfortable working with gm currently.
I appear to have the same problem, even the number of duplications doesn't appear to be predictable - sometimes I have 2 folders sometimes 5; I happens on every load of my game. At the moment I am using git heavily just in case, but if I find a solution will post here.

AetherBones

Ohhhh this might be it in the latest update!
"Asset Browser: Duplicate groups appear on reloading project if group was moved and has an "asset type" name (e.g., the group is called "Sprites")"