• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Grid Settings not updating - Latest Beta?

Amon

I'm trying to set the grid size via the preferences for my rooms. It seems that no matter what value I try the grid size is stuck at 32x32. If I enter say 64 in each text box then hit apply the room grid settings do not update,.

I'm using the latest beta IDE v2.2.3.425 Beta Runtime v2.2.3.337

[edit] If you change the grid settings then only newly created rooms will have the grid setting values you have chosen. Current rooms do not update.

[edit2]

Snap settings work as they should even in current rooms. If I have a room with 32x32 grid size, and snap to grid on, then I change the grid settings to 64x64, all current rooms will still show the 32x32 grid but when placing objects while holding the alt key snap, snap settings work with the new 64x64 values.

Last edited:
S

SweetPotatoe

Same thing happened to me, except at first, when I set it to 16x16, it worked... But then I saw it set itself in real time to 32x32. What the heck?