• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Greenblood (ver 0.0.2.2) - Side-scrolling platform/shooter

K

Kolumbusdog

Greenblood is a side-scrolling platform/shooter in very early development for the PC.
Content is fairly limited at the moment, but I'd like to get the core gameplay down before I consider adding more.

Feedback and criticism would be much appreciated and I hope you enjoy what I have so far!

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0j88gik6vynlrz/Greenblood 0.0.2.2.zip?dl=0

Gameplay Video:

Screenshots:
Runner 2016-09-20 16-32-28-05.png
Runner 2016-09-20 16-32-48-25.png
Runner 2016-09-20 16-33-35-36.png

There's also a development blog at greenbloodgame.blogspot.com if you'd care to check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kolumbusdog

My review:
Hey, thank you very much for the feedback Donkey!
I'm kinda shocked at how badly the game is running in your vid - is your PC somewhat low-end or is that a result of the screen recording software?
I have yet to test the game on lower-end systems so I'm curious.

Your eyes weren't deceiving you about the ammo amount you get in higher difficulties, it is indeed lower.
I'll have to fix that health counter going below 0, I didn't think much of it before really.
In regards to the texture thing, I'm still working on the overall style of the game so you're right, it'll have to be more cohesive later on. Thanks for pointing out things like that.

E

ElectricdonkeyYT

Hey, thank you very much for the feedback Donkey!
I'm kinda shocked at how badly the game is running in your vid - is your PC somewhat low-end or is that a result of the screen recording software?
I have yet to test the game on lower-end systems so I'm curious.

Your eyes weren't deceiving you about the ammo amount you get in higher difficulties, it is indeed lower.
I'll have to fix that health counter going below 0, I didn't think much of it before really.
In regards to the texture thing, I'm still working on the overall style of the game so you're right, it'll have to be more cohesive later on. Thanks for pointing out things like that.
Sometimes it's the little things like that that maybe just need tweaking slightly :) Overall good job tho

In terms of the performance I am actually using a kinda terrible laptop. When I'm doing these game reviews they often turn out pretty laggy tho so I probably wouldnt worry about that. Also when I wasn't recording it ran at a solid 60fps