• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Gravity Angles

B

brutaldeluxe09

I'm using the in built gravity system for the first time and I need to find out what the equivalent of image_angle is so that I can establish a collision event.

I'm looking to say that if the player is upside down and they collide with the ground that they die. Looking through the manual it appears to suggest that phy_rotation would be needed but I can't quite figure out how to implement it.

If anybody can help I'd be grateful.

Thanks
James

Llama_Code

Could you clarify what you mean by built in gravity?

Are you using the gravity variable or physics? phy_rotation gets the rotation angle of a fixture.

B

brutaldeluxe09

I'm using physics_apply_force as an acceleration method with physics_apply_torque so that when the player sprite is airborne the sprite rotates and I'd like to have the player have to land correctly.