1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Asset - Extension Graphics Utilities (extending GameMaker's graphics library)

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Dragon47, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Dragon47

Dragon47 Member

[​IMG]

Download demo: http://www.mediafire...s Utilities.exe

Marketplace link: https://goo.gl/p3fErz

GameMaker's library of graphics functions has its limits. Fundamental things like blend modes, surfaces and shaders are far from fully customizable. Graphics Utilities can give you access to some of the most powerful missing functionality, giving you the building blocks for some of the greatest graphics applications you can think of!

Graphics Utilities uses a DLL based on Direct3D 9. The C++ source code is included.

Features:
    • 32 scripts (see the preview on the marketplace for the names of these).
    • Commented and organized code, with 8 examples.
    • Creation of surfaces with other texture formats than the normal 8-bit RGBA. (Will create surfaces that are not compatible with normal GameMaker surface functions.)
    • Blend mode operators: Add, subtract, reverse subtract, min and max.
    • Alpha separation for blend modes. Let's you have a different source and destination factor for the alpha channel's blending.
    • Vertex texture fetching with surface textures. A great building block for things like terrain, realistic water, grass and fast particle systems.
    • Point sprites. If you have a vertex buffer of points, all the points can be turned into square sprites of different sizes facing the camera.
    • Shader creation from strings. Lets you create and compile shaders during runtime. (Will create shader resources that are separate from normal GameMaker shaders.)
    • Scissor rectangle. Lets you specify a rectangle on screen to restrict drawing to.
    • User clip planes. Lets you specify several planes where drawing is restricted to one side of the plane.
    • Cube surfaces.
    • As mentioned above, C++ source code is included.
    Note: The extension has a lot of functionality. There's a high chance you'll find a bug. If you find a bug, you can send a mail to asbjorn.lystrup@gmail.com. Note also that since the extension uses a DLL, it will not work with all export modules.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dragon47

Dragon47 Member

Not for me, maybe my browser have them cached or something.
    Thanks for making me aware.

Edit: A friend of me tried loading the page, and it's working for him. I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  3. elementbound

elementbound Member

Judging by the features, this is absolutely amazing. It fills some pretty big holes GM's 3D lacks.
    I'm not really keen on buying extensions because I'm mostly a do-it-yourself guy, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on this one.

Dragon47 likes this.