• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Graphics Graphics size and scaling

Z

zendraw

i have a problem im not sure how to handle,

i want to make a more hi res sprites for a game butif i scale them down thru view port theyr quality gets destroyed. basicly its 8x8 plane where each tile i want to make 256x256 so it ends up 2048x2048, yeah but when i squeeze that in a view quality is destroyed.a somewhat reasonable resolution for the tiles is 120x120 or 112x112 respecting the 1080p resolution.but thats kinda small size.

so how do you make hi res graphics and scale them down without destroying quality?

Rayek

Do you have example tiles to demonstrate the problem? That would make it easier to see if it can be solved somehow.

Z

zendraw

i had a video before but its deleted, ill have to see if i can find the project. basicly i made the graphics double the size of the view port and when i ran the project they were behaving same way like when the engine doesnt know where to draw the pixel so pixels were flickering on the edges, i think you shuld know what i mean.