• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Graphics not as sharp as expected

S

steenert

Hey guys, after making some animations and tiles I tested them out in my game. Only I found that they looked weird, they do not appear as sharp as I expected. I'm not talking about really blurry and distorted stuff, just not as sharp as I want them to. To my knowledge I am using the right aspect ratio (16:9) and the tiles are 32x32.

Here's a screenshot for comparison: https://gyazo.com/adae05fce4c981a14453dc644c11b47c
Compare those pixels to the ones in this test game http://td2tl.com/scirra-store/spe12/. (i did not make this test game)
I tried recreating it to experiment with stuff but I can't get them as sharp as in the test game.

I'm lost to what I'm doing wrong, do you guys have any ideas what this might be?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I already watched the aspect ratio tutorials on the forum.

obscene

Zooming in there's about 3 pixels of interpolation there, so your game is being scaled up quite a bit and interpolated. So maybe turn graphics interpolation off? And find a resolution that matches your game/target platform or scales evenly.

S

steenert

Zooming in there's about 3 pixels of interpolation there, so your game is being scaled up quite a bit and interpolated. So maybe turn graphics interpolation off? And find a resolution that matches your game/target platform or scales evenly.
Turning off interpolation worked! thanks :)