• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Graphics Messed Up - HELP PLEASE!

T

Truth444

Hi, I have been using GM for the past month with no issues on the trial version. I just purchased and now all my games have graphics issues suddenly.
Sprites are invisible, they show up when they want to, and others disappear at trandom but once they are gone they dont come back. The objects are still there, i can click on them, but the sprite are gone.

I also have a game that I input a draw command to draw a simple line, which I have had in the game already i just adjust adjusted the length of the line and my whole game screen is black now and my game cannot be played.
These are very simple games, only a few objects to them.

Help please! I have restarted, checked for updates, everything seems fine and nothing is different than before, it just went crazy on me suddenly!

T

Truth444

yes I have done that multiple times with no luck.
Then a sprite that was working, suddenly stopped when I tried to apply it to another object. now it doesnt work on anything.

I have even unistalled the program and reinstalled it. I just made a new game and no sprites are showing up at all.

T

Truth444

Anybody else having any ideas here? I have been running it for a month with NO issues until I bought the license because my trial expired.. Now all existing games and new games have this problem, every one of them.

flyinian

Maybe it has something to do with your layer depths and/or instance depths.

GML:
// Place this into the create or the step event of an object that draws one of those sprites that don't want to show. If the sprite shows itself, then its more than likely to do with your depth of instances, layers, etc.
depth = -1000; // The bigger the number the closer it'll appear. Keep it in the negatives though(for top most layer. positive are for bottom most layers). I forgot the max depth you can go but I'd keep it under 10000
Here is the GMS2 manual on depth.

You can also draw sprites in the gui which is the top most layer. It'll draw over anything in the regular draw events.

Make sure the "visible" check box is checked on the object's settings.

Alternatively,

You could post the code that may be in question and a screenshots for a visual?

Last edited:
T

Truth444

Maybe it has something to do with your layer depths and/or instance depths.

GML:
// Place this into the create or the step event of an object that draws one of those sprites that don't want to show. If the sprite shows itself, then its more than likely to do with your depth of instances, layers, etc.
depth = -1000; // The bigger the number the closer it'll appear. Keep it in the negatives though(for top most layer. positive are for bottom most layers). I forgot the max depth you can go but I'd keep it under 10000
Here is the GMS2 manual on depth.

You can also draw sprites in the gui which is the top most layer. It'll draw over anything in the regular draw events.

Make sure the "visible" check box is checked on the object's settings.

Alternatively,

You could post the code that may be in question and a screenshots for a visual?
Thanks for the input. It is not the depth or layers either. I started a new game, literally created a sprite that was just a circle, made an object and assigned the sprite, put it in the room, and nothing shows up when you run the game... so now NO sprites are working at all, in any of my games.

1605683419580.png

1605683513702.png

1605683593629.png

flyinian

@Truth444 Uh, if no-one has any other ideas what might be causing this then I'd use an older version of gms2, probably attempt a fresh install and if that doesn't work then contact yoyo games support. Maybe even do google searches on the issue and see if you get any usable results.

What you could also do is release the file(the new game with the circle will do) to us so, we can see if it has to do with your machine/ide settings. I don't think the IDE setting you set transfer over with the file.

I did a quick google search of, "gms2 no sprites showing" and got a few suggestion that hasn't been suggested yet. Like make sure your sprite's origin isn't set wrong. Run the game in debug mode and make sure the sprite actually exists. Double check your rooms camera and port dimensions. As well as checking the texture page size,

Global Game Settings > 'Windows' Tab > 'Graphics' Tab ( On the left ) > Texture Page Size

Increase this value ( 2048x2048 or something higher )

You can also reset your IDE setting back to default and see if it changes anything.

You could also tag TsukaYuriko and see if they'll respond. They're probably didn't "watch" the post. They're staff & more experienced w/ GMS so, you'll probably get better results from them than I.

-

Besides what I mentioned above. idk what else I can suggest.

Last edited:

BiTrunade

I remember you have to delete the old texture page and create a new one, and then assign the graphics to that texture page. Give it a try, I have seen some topics regarding this issue, this could be one of them.

T

Truth444

@Truth444 Uh, if no-one has any other ideas what might be causing this then I'd use an older version of gms2, probably attempt a fresh install and if that doesn't work then contact yoyo games support. Maybe even do google searches on the issue and see if you get any usable results.

What you could also do is release the file(the new game with the circle will do) to us so, we can see if it has to do with your machine/ide settings. I don't think the IDE setting you set transfer over with the file.

I did a quick google search of, "gms2 no sprites showing" and got a few suggestion that hasn't been suggested yet. Like make sure your sprite's origin isn't set wrong. Run the game in debug mode and make sure the sprite actually exists. Double check your rooms camera and port dimensions. As well as checking the texture page size,

Global Game Settings > 'Windows' Tab > 'Graphics' Tab ( On the left ) > Texture Page Size

Increase this value ( 2048x2048 or something higher )

You can also reset your IDE setting back to default and see if it changes anything.

You could also tag TsukaYuriko and see if they'll respond. They're probably didn't "watch" the post. They're staff & more experienced w/ GMS so, you'll probably get better results from them than I.

-

Besides what I mentioned above. idk what else I can suggest.
@flyinian

Thanks for the feedback! I will try a few of those that I have not yet and see what happens. I already did a fresh install as well, thats what is boggling my mind because nothing has changed in the month and suddenly everything went crazy on me.

Thanks Again!

Toque

I remeber another post like this but I don’t remember if he resolved it. Perhaps it’s one you found in the forum search