Graphics Library

V

VectorStudio

GM Version: GMS2
Target platform: All

Summary:

This tutorial will show you how to create your own graphics library for GMS2. If you are using native GameMaker Studio 2 functions in your project you might notice they are problematic. In that case the tutorial could be very helpful for you. The video is separated into a few categories. The analysis takes you through the basic understanding of the problematics.

Tutorial:

Last edited by a moderator:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Your topic was approved because experienced programmers might find some of the code useful. But it's not really a tutorial, is it? You simply present some alternative algorithms for draw_line() and draw_rectangle() for example, without much explanation. Most of the video is spent showing you type, without comment.

A more useful approach would present the code as downloadable files or in-topic text. Then devote the video to explaining how the scripts work. It would also be useful to see side-by-side examples with built-in GML functions for comparison of performance and speed.

Perhaps you can add that in your next installment.

V

VectorStudio

Your topic was approved because experienced programmers might find some of the code useful. But it's not really a tutorial, is it? You simply present some alternative algorithms for draw_line() and draw_rectangle() for example, without much explanation. Most of the video is spent showing you type, without comment.

A more useful approach would present the code as downloadable files or in-topic text. Then devote the video to explaining how the scripts work. It would also be useful to see side-by-side examples with built-in GML functions for comparison of performance and speed.

Perhaps you can add that in your next installment.
Thanks for the response. Yes I know it's not very well commented, but English is not my native language and it's still a bit hard for me to talk fluently all the time. In the next video I will try to talk and explain more. I have already tested the speed of the library and of course that the performance is slower but you have to consider that fact that most of the time you are actually drawing already correctly scaled objects - so they are also larger.