• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Graphics Card Selection

Nodamex

Is there any way to start the game with NVIDIA or AMD graphics card (not integrated) if it is possible?
I want to provide the user an easy interface to do the selection.

That is so important for me. I could not find any way for at least 2 years.

L

Lonewolff

Not from the perspective of your game, no.

GM games will just launch on whatever is the primary adaptor.

GMWolf

aka fel666
That will be down to the OS, or drivers.

It's down to the user to mark that application as something to run on the dedicated GPU using the right software (like NVidias control panel), or to the driver developers to add the game to their list of games to run on the high performance card.

To be honest though, a 2D game is expected to run on integrated graohgra and if you are getting performance issues you should consider optimizing your game.