• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Gradually using more processing power

Bingdom

Googledom
Hello GMC.
GM Version: 1.4.1773, .1788
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1007U @1.5Ghz

Every time I hit compile, I notice that GMS' CPU usage increases in the task manager. My laptop isn't the beefiest of computers, so It can't take those hits really well. This leads to saving/compiling times to become much longer and the UI becoming less responsive. At one point, I had to wait half an hour to save a small project (and I have an SSD...).

I suspect this problem only started only after updating to 1.4.1773. I haven't used an older version to confirm.

As someone who frequently compiles with a weak computer, this is a huge problem for me.

What I've tried to fix the problem:
  • Clean Reinstall.
  • Clearing temp/cache/broomstick.
  • Tried with other projects. Same result.
A fresh opening of Gamemaker with a project open.
upload_2018-2-12_22-23-49.png

After a few compiles, this is how much usage Gamemaker is using on idle. Same project. I'm not sure why adb was showing (although it did disappear shortly after the snippet). The compiling option for Android wasn't selected. Only windows.
upload_2018-2-12_22-4-51.png

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I will report this as a bug soon if there's no solution to this.

===== Edit =====
Report Ticket

The only security on my computer is Windows Defender.

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
After updating to .1788, the problem still persists

Edit: Submitted bug.

Last edited:
D

Dave M

My computer was $4000, built by yours truly and some of my larger projects FREEZE temporarily (some for an extended time where i watch a youtube video inbetween... :/ ) when compiling.
It only gets worse as the project gets bigger, pretty annoying as it takes twice as long to fix a single bug found in the game.

Bingdom

Googledom
I do believe I have found the root of the problem. There's a handle leak.
Capture edit.png
The bottom process is the IDE left alone. I have noticed that handles increase each time I compile and quit the runner.

I've also updated the report ticket.

Last edited: