Alpha Grab&Run

U

UDC

Grab&Run

(Come back later)​

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dengar

could you describe what its about or maybe some screen shots?

U

UDC

Changed and added description here! Check the game without clicking!

D

Dengar

alright. played it for abit and that's pretty good and a lot of fun other than 2 little suggestions. make the player 2 separate objects and only control the head and simply have the body follow. when changing directions its very rough looking and your never where u think ur supposed to be. other issue after that is shrink the hitboxes down to only the head, that way you can make those tight lastminute direction changes and miss the enemy coming at you. with those 2 little adjustments this would be tons of fun in its current state.

other notes, the pushing mechanic was realy nice and smooth.

U

UDC

alright. played it for abit and that's pretty good and a lot of fun other than 2 little suggestions. make the player 2 separate objects and only control the head and simply have the body follow. when changing directions its very rough looking and your never where u think ur supposed to be. other issue after that is shrink the hitboxes down to only the head, that way you can make those tight lastminute direction changes and miss the enemy coming at you. with those 2 little adjustments this would be tons of fun in its current state.

other notes, the pushing mechanic was realy nice and smooth.
Thank you for your amazing feedback! I really appreciate it. If you have a game that needs feedback , I can help.

D

Dengar

its in my signature. thanks I could use all the feedback on mine aswell.
let me kno if you do make those changes, I realy feel itll add to the feel of speed and close misses.

U

UDC

its in my signature. thanks I could use all the feedback on mine aswell.
let me kno if you do make those changes, I realy feel itll add to the feel of speed and close misses.
I'm terribly sorry but my phone is broken. It fell. If you have a pc game that needs feedback , I can help.

A

AlphaRedDragon

Hey, i wanted to try the game, but when i try and run it, it gives me a client does not have permissions error. If you can fix this, i woul love to test it

U

UDC

Hey, i wanted to try the game, but when i try and run it, it gives me a client does not have permissions error. If you can fix this, i woul love to test it
Hi. I am researching the problem. Can you run the game as an administrator please?

U

UDC

Please reply after trying running the game as an administrator

A

AlphaRedDragon

Heres a few things/bugs i noticed
- The quit bar on the menu doesnt turn like the rest of them, or maybe its just on mine, it just gets stuck
-A thing i would recommend is when your character is moving both up/down and left/right, use the left and right sprite instead of the up/down.
-For the shops, use a darker font color
- Not sure if this is intended, but i can just go between 2 rooms and get infinite Pocores
-The music and the drum loop are at different tempos.
-Maybe give the player a couple hits before they die?

Its pretty fun over all, i enjoyed it,

U

UDC

Heres a few things/bugs i noticed
- The quit bar on the menu doesnt turn like the rest of them, or maybe its just on mine, it just gets stuck
-A thing i would recommend is when your character is moving both up/down and left/right, use the left and right sprite instead of the up/down.
-For the shops, use a darker font color
- Not sure if this is intended, but i can just go between 2 rooms and get infinite Pocores
-The music and the drum loop are at different tempos.
-Maybe give the player a couple hits before they die?

Its pretty fun over all, i enjoyed it,
Thank you so much for giving me feedback. I welcome every type of it.

D

DyingSilence

Well, the game was fun, i like the design choices with walls that don't let the crates through. Before playing it i was expecting something like http://alex.nisnevich.com/10sr/ (10 Second Roguelike). Well, your game is about speed i suppose, but doesn't reward speed. Try for example letting the player to access the shop only if he finishes the level in a given time. You may place colectibles fading with time, that require the player to use more unusual and dangerous route to complete the level, but collecting them moves the timer backwards, giving you better times when you're smart enough. This game has enormous design space, i hope you do good with it :)

U

UDC

Well, the game was fun, i like the design choices with walls that don't let the crates through. Before playing it i was expecting something like http://alex.nisnevich.com/10sr/ (10 Second Roguelike). Well, your game is about speed i suppose, but doesn't reward speed. Try for example letting the player to access the shop only if he finishes the level in a given time. You may place colectibles fading with time, that require the player to use more unusual and dangerous route to complete the level, but collecting them moves the timer backwards, giving you better times when you're smart enough. This game has enormous design space, i hope you do good with it :)
Thank you SO much for using your time to give feedback to me. I really care them. You gave me great ideas , thanks alot for that!

D

DarthTenebris

Here's my feedback:
1) The "exit" button doesn't spin like the other buttons. I don't mind it, but it looks kinda weird...
2) In-game, there is no way to go back to the main menu. Consider making one.
3) The character is too "slippery" when colliding with the boxes in my opinion.
4) When you go to the shop and then return after completing a level, the level you just completed restarts. That shouldn't happen... :(
5) The box doesn't block the enemy, and it passes through the box as if it wasn't there. This makes passing through a few rows of enemies hard. It took me 3 tries to think of a way to deal with it. Am I dealing with ghosts? :eek:
6) The graphics are amazingly good (if u get wat i mean).I don't mind that either,not everyone is good at drawing things.;)

Overall, I think it's a good game, aside from some visual FX, some other bugs (num. 4), and my thoughts. I hope you understand it, and implement what I think (num. 3 & num. 5).

U

UDC

Here's my feedback:
1) The "exit" button doesn't spin like the other buttons. I don't mind it, but it looks kinda weird...
2) In-game, there is no way to go back to the main menu. Consider making one.
3) The character is too "slippery" when colliding with the boxes in my opinion.
4) When you go to the shop and then return after completing a level, the level you just completed restarts. That shouldn't happen... :(
5) The box doesn't block the enemy, and it passes through the box as if it wasn't there. This makes passing through a few rows of enemies hard. It took me 3 tries to think of a way to deal with it. Am I dealing with ghosts? :eek:
6) The graphics are amazingly good (if u get wat i mean).I don't mind that either,not everyone is good at drawing things.;)

Overall, I think it's a good game, aside from some visual FX, some other bugs (num. 4), and my thoughts. I hope you understand it, and implement what I think (num. 3 & num. 5).
Thank you so much for leaving this awesome feedback. I will definitely consider what you suggested!

U

UDC

Hi everyone!
I changed the description and made it look better.
Now it looks nice right?
Please check the itch.io page for more info.
THANKS!

D

DarthTenebris

@UDC Hmm... retried the new version of the game. Here's something:
lel.png
That bottom monster is stuck. XD

Here are some more things I'd recommend:
1) Fix that screenshot. I think you placed it too close to a wall in the room editor.
2) Dying doesn't reset you boost. Make it do so.
3) Going to the shop then returning resets the level. :(
4) Level resets, the popcorns (or whatever they are) don't. Infinite supply?
5) The "exit" button still doesn't spin.

Even with those bugs, it's better than the first one :) Keep it up!

U

UDC

@UDC Hmm... retried the new version of the game. Here's something:
View attachment 5803
That bottom monster is stuck. XD

Here are some more things I'd recommend:
1) Fix that screenshot. I think you placed it too close to a wall in the room editor.
2) Dying doesn't reset you boost. Make it do so.
3) Going to the shop then returning resets the level. :(
4) Level resets, the popcorns (or whatever they are) don't. Infinite supply?
5) The "exit" button still doesn't spin.

Even with those bugs, it's better than the first one :) Keep it up!
Hi!
Sorry , I was busy. Today i fixed the exit button. FINALLY!
I fixed every collision error. There were 2.
Other bugs are Going to be removed this month. Hopefully.

Also , i hope you liked your name on the main menu. I just wanted to thank everyone who gave feedback!

U

UDC

Hi!
I am SO HAPPY to show you what was i working on.
TRAPS!!!!
(they kill you)
The game becomes more and more fast-paced with every version.
Also
@Fat_Man3468800 wanted it , so here it is:
QUIT BUTTON TURNS! WOW !
Also two bugs he told me are GONE!

D

DarthTenebris

@UDC
I'm not very good at this game :/
1) OMG THE QUIT BUTTON SPINS! :) Ty for fixing that!
2) Which bug? I noticed only 1...
3) I'm not very good at this game... Which / Where are the traps? How to they look like? (I keep dying on the purple level, the one with 3 monsters stacked vertically, and 1 at the top near the box)

Sure sounds great! :)

U

UDC

Hey! Finally updated the game.
Its better than ever and i am VERY happy about it.

U

UDC

@UDC
I'm not very good at this game :/
1) OMG THE QUIT BUTTON SPINS! :) Ty for fixing that!
2) Which bug? I noticed only 1...
3) I'm not very good at this game... Which / Where are the traps? How to they look like? (I keep dying on the purple level, the one with 3 monsters stacked vertically, and 1 at the top near the box)

Sure sounds great! :)
Hey. Thanks for always commenting. To check the new levels easier , you can now open the options menu to play them. When you die, you respawn from where you left.

D

DarthTenebris

Hey. Thanks for always commenting. To check the new levels easier , you can now open the options menu to play them. When you die, you respawn from where you left.
Where is the download button? I can't find it :p
The game was fun enough, don't bury it in the soil just yet...