• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Got an error overnight without changing anything, affecting all of my projects + backups

D

demonrat

Hello, yesterday my projects were working properly, until today when I tried to open them up to work on them, this error popped up on all of my projects that I have, including past backups.

Making a new project and saving that however doesn't seem to get the error.

The full error reads: Resource file is malfored'options\linux\options_linux.xyy' And item with the same key has already been added.
This repeats for both options_windows and options_mac
I can't seem to figure out what to do to make it work

I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling gamemaker studio 2, and going into the yyp of the project and deleting the keys, but it doesn't seem to fix it.

Otherwise the project still seems to run perfectly fine even with this error, but it's making me a bit nervous.

Has anybody encountered this with the same files?

Attachments