• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android GooglePlayServices Extension issue

U

usz

Hello!

Has anyone an idea how to integrate GooglePlayServices Extension with the newest version of play-services? I have to add to gradle: compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:9.2.0' because one of my other extension uses that but GPServices ext doesn't work properly. It throws an exception when app starts. I use GMS v. 1.4.1757. I don't know if i should wait for a newer version of GPServicesExtension or just find a solution how to integrate multiple extensions which use different versions of those services.

plz help ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PlayLight

The Google Play Services Extension has quite a few issues and depreciated code at the moment. I'm not sure who's in charge of their Android extensions but i still haven't received any response from my inquiries on the matter. Even after becoming a little blunt with them for not getting a response from anyone, which i always try to avoid as they are a busy team. (we all have our frustrated spats though).
There was an update to the extension a few days ago, though it didn't address many issues. You could check that your version is up-to-date and if not see if the new release fixes your issue.

Otherwise,
What's the exception being thrown in your application?

U

usz

The exception is thrown by my own extension which works properly with googlePlayServices 8.4.0 (and 9.2 soon) only. But i try some ways to avoid version collision with GPServicesExtension which, according to console logs, uses:

You are using version 7.6 of the Google Play Services Ads SDK. Please consider updating your SDK to the most recent SDK version to get the latest features and bug fixes. See http://goo.gl/r2TRzC for instructions on how to get the latest version of Google Play services.

I took this version of GPServicesExtension from marketplace and it's updated of course.

However, if i force version 8.4.0 for both extension GPServices throws this error during building:

:com.companyname.test:processArmeabi-v7aReleaseResourcesUnknown source file : Failed to generate resource table for split ''
C:\cache\test\Android\Default\com.companyname.test\build\intermediates\exploded-aar\com.google.android.gms\play-services-wallet\8.4.0\res\values\wallet_styles.xml:35:42-58 : String types not allowed (at 'buyButtonAppearance' with value 'android_pay_dark').

FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.companyname.test:processArmeabi-v7aReleaseResources'.
> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command 'C:\Android\build-tools\23.0.1\aapt.exe'' finished with non-zero exit value 1

U

usz

Anyway i still can't understand why the newest version works with play-services 7.5 if there is 9.2 version. Noone needs the update but me?:eek:

B

Baboon

I agree. We had similar problems with different library, but were able to convince its developer to create version compatible with play-services 7.5. But it's unnecessary pain in the ass. Is anyone in yoyo working on this?