• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android GooglePlayServices error on build, FragmentManager / FragmentActivity

B

Babaganosch

I can't build for Android after I install Google Play Services into the project. I'm using macOS Mojave 10.14.6, with the IDE v.2.2.4.456 and the runtime v.2.2.4.362.

I've tried cleaning the cache after installing the extension.

This is the error I'm receiving
-------

> Task :info.larsandersson.minecartmaniac:processDebugResources

> Task :info.larsandersson.minecartmaniac:compileDebugJavaWithJavac FAILED
/Users/larsa/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/MinecartMa_FDBE7A28_2A35BA7E/Android/default/info.larsandersson.minecartmaniac/src/main/java/info/larsandersson/minecartmaniac/GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:13: error: cannot find symbol
import android.support.v4.app.FragmentManager;
^
symbol: class FragmentManager
/Users/larsa/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/MinecartMa_FDBE7A28_2A35BA7E/Android/default/info.larsandersson.minecartmaniac/src/main/java/info/larsandersson/minecartmaniac/GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:18: error: cannot find symbol
import android.support.v4.app.FragmentActivity;
^
symbol: class FragmentActivity
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: /Users/larsa/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/MinecartMa_FDBE7A28_2A35BA7E/Android/default/info.larsandersson.minecartmaniac/src/main/java/info/larsandersson/minecartmaniac/GooglePlayServicesExtension.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
2 errors

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':info.larsandersson.minecartmaniac:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

B

Babaganosch

Okey, so I recently got a prompt to update IDE to v.2.2.4.458 and runtime to v.2.2.4.364 and this seems to have solved my problem. The project now successfully builds the APK with the Google Play Extension enabled.

The Google Play Extension also seems to have gotten an update, version 3.1.8.